A 200W Shuttle PSU in an ATX system?

Associate
Hi all, not sure whether this should go in the General or SFF section but anyways, my Shuttle has gone quite bonkers for the past 2-3 weeks, not booting up properly. Fans spin, lights are on but nothing on is displayed on monitor. I have narrowed this down to the motherboard. Sometimes if I'm lucky and replug the important parts in, works fine but when I boot next day, blank screen again. Anyways, enough with the background story.

Therefore, I'm considering maybe getting an ATX Socket A mobo, preferably an Abit NF7-S v2 with a case. I'll transfer the components from my Shuttle to it, which are 2x512MB PC3200 DDR RAM, stock Radeon 9700Pro 128MB with Arctic Cooler silencer, Maxtor 250GB HDD, NEC 8x DVD-RW drive and Technisat PCI satellite card. As my current Shuttle 200W PSU (which isn't any old 200W PSU btw) has been able to handle those fine in my Shuttle, would it handle it fine in an ATX system with the above components? I've tried it on my other PC (XP 2500+, 1GB PC2700 DDR RAM, FX5200, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, HDD) and it booted fine.

I'll probably upgrade in the summer so I'll have to get a better PSU then, but for the time being, I'm hoping I can continue to use whatever I have atm.

Should work, doubt the new motherboard would consume much more power than the old shuttle one. Only problem will be fixing it in the case, but i'm sure you can bodge something up.

Ok thanks, that's reassuring. I should be able to find a way to fit it securely for the time being in an ATX case.

Although I'm quite tempted to go for an Asrock DualSata939 with an AMD 3000+ Venice, case and proper PSU :D Decisions decisions!

Back
Top Bottom