'A cleaner version of Hell'

Caporegime
Not sure how I ended up on this wiki page but it's pretty interesting stuff.

The United States Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is a federal supermax prison for men located in the city of Florence in Fremont County, Colorado.[1] It is unofficially known as ADX Florence, Florence ADMAX, Supermax, or the Alcatraz of the Rockies.[2] It is part of the Florence Federal Correctional Complex, which is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice, and houses the prisoners who are deemed the most dangerous and in need of the tightest control of all the prisoners in the United States federal prison system.

I can't even imagine what being in solitary confinement under those kind of 'supermax' conditions must be like. Surely that would drive you insane?

Caporegime
OP
I linked you in another thread with abu hamza in it. :p

Interesting place alright!

Also this guy is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_McNair

Heh, I hadn't read that thread. Weird.

After McNair's arrest, he escaped three times from three different institutions using various creative methods. On his first attempt he used lip balm to squeeze out of a pair of handcuffs. He escaped a second time by crawling through a ventilation duct. In his last escape, he mailed himself out of prison in a crate.[1]

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom