A Costly Mistake?

Associate
I have just taken bought the system llisted below from OcUK, Thinking that it was a dual core system ,being fooled along with several others here that the description of the cpu (Dual DDR400 CPU)
have any others made the same mistake to find the have only a AMD4000+

"Ultima SLi" AMD Athlon 64 4000 Dual DDR System (FS-005-OK)
If you are looking for the ultimate AMD box then look no further than the Ultima SLi AMD Athlon 64 4000. Supplied pre-built it has an impressive specification to say the least :-

- AMD Athlon 64 4000 San Diego (Socket 939) Dual DDR400 CPU
- AMD Approved Cooler
- Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi Dual Channel PCI-Express Motherboard
- GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) DDR PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit
- 250GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 16mb cache SATA-2 Hard Drive
- 2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Cards (SLi Configured)
- Plextor PX-755 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4.0 Sound Card
- Black floppy drive
- Coolermaster Wavemaster Black Case
- Tagan TG580-U15 580W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU

Associate
OP
i had a very similar quote for dual core systems from others
,only reason i went for this one was i did not like the cases from the others

No problem thought, I will give the cpu and mobo to my son and get new ones

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mujja said:
If the order hasn't been despatched yet then contact OCUK once they open and let them know you've made a mistake and they may upgrade you PC for a little more money or offer a full refund.

I made the order on 27 March, phoned them on Monday 3 April as they had not sent my order out at that time, to see about changing order

I was told by person on phone that system i had ordered was a superior system than the dual cores that were out at the time

System delivered on Tuesday 4 April

As i mentioned before, no real problems as my son can have the cpu and mobo(apparantly its the wrong one I ordered as well)

Re: time of post .......took me that long to get final permission to make posts in this forumn

Back
Top Bottom