A few beginner questions

Associate
Totally new to the world of water cooling. I've currently got a small form factor case and the sound is driving me crazy. I'm sacking off and going back to a full size case.

I am wanting to cool my modestly overclocked 8700K and my RTX 2080 TI.

I was just wondering would x1 360 radiator be sufficient? The ek configurator recommends X2 360 which seems a lot to me.

Also which brand would you guys recommend?

How much performance difference is there in the different materials? Nickel, copper and aluminium?

Sorry if this has been covered many times before I did have a quick look.

Cheers Ricky

Associate
OP
Thanks so much this is exactly the kind of reply I was hoping to receive.

I have done quite a bit of research but I'm feeling like I'm pretty much ready to pull the pin and order my gear.

I'll post my shopping list, I'd be very grateful if you could give it a once over?

Cheers Ricky

Associate
OP
Thanks Soldato, which brand would you recommend for the rads? I aslo think EK seem very expensive. There's just so much choice its a little overwheling for a first time buyer

Associate
OP
Thanks Besty interesting set up. I do have a nice case. I have the Steatcom DA2 but just no where to put the rads externally.

I'll post my shopping list later guys.

Associate
OP
Guys I've put together my first shopping list using EK parts for now. I used their configurator to some extent.

I'll try to purchase from Overclockers anything I can.

https://imgur.com/a/hjegQgp

I massively appreciate you giving me some tips on this.

1. First off anything that wont fit?
2. Anything missing?
3. Anything costing way too much and would be better using an alternative manufacturer?

I wanted a longer tube from my pump, I just think they look better.

Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers

Ricky

Associate
OP
Thanks mate.

I know someone mentioned getting some 90 / 45 fittings. I've just seen this build that I like. I was just wondering what fittings are actually being used to create the bend that I've highlighted?

https://imgur.com/a/kRuKkPP

Also, if I but my rads from EK will they need flushing before use?

Thanks

Ricky

Associate
OP
Guys, most of my gear has now arrived. I have EK rads. Do these need flushing before use? and if so what with? just distilled water or something like the Mayhems Blitz kit?

Ps
Thanks for posting those photos Mike I've found them very useful.

Associate
OP
Evening guys.

I'm going to be attempting my build this weekend. I've just been thinking though and sorry if this is a silly question but where do I plug in my fans? I have two 360 rads so x6 fans in total but I do have two splitters so I just have two to plug into my motherboard.

Would I just plug one into the cpu header on the mobo? what about the second?

I've planned the build and everything else I'm fairly sure of.

Cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom