A few issues with Vista :(

Associate
I installed Vista Ultimate last night, and everything seemed to go according to plan, minus a couple of niggling problems.

I downloaded the latest Vista 32bit drivers for my video card (in sig) which were 100.xx if i recall correctly. They install fine, but everytime i reboot and check the drivers version its still says: Driver Version: 7.15.11.65. :confused:

I cant for the life of me find where i can add programs to the startup. Im not real keen on messing with boot.ini, would just like a Startup folder that i can dump things into like i could with XP. I wanna add speedfan to the startup, cause when i installed it earlier it said my cpu was running at 57c @ idle... that was untill i turned all the fans up. Speaking of which, is there a way to make speedfan set all fans to 100% automatically when it starts?

I've installed a total of one game, and it runs like crap. The game in question is rfactor, which ran flawlessly under XP. I installed the AMD Dual Core patch, which helped, but not enough. Its probably down to the driver situation, but annoying regardless.

Please no "this is what you get for installing a brand new OS" rubbish, i really dont care. I really cant be bothered formatting and going back to XP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
Downloaded and installed
ForceWare Release 100
Version: 100.65
Release Date: February 20, 2007
WHQL Driver

Leadtek Geforce 6800GT

Get the same result as you. driver version remains the same 7.15.11.65
All my games still work ok.

TC1

TC1

Permabanned
New OS, teething problems i suppose. If you are an avid gamer i would suggest dual booting Vista and XP. Stick with XP for game until things get ironed out.

Associate
OP
Ok, quick update.

I hadnt tried to run rfactor since installing speedfan and cranking the fans up. So after doing that and turning off the sidebar on the desktop, rfactor is running muuuuuuuuch better.

So i was either throttling due to heat or the sidebar is just retarded.

Back
Top Bottom