A *gaming* headset over any other?

Soldato
I am not clued up at all when it comes to audio related stuff but I just assume that gaming headsets don't really offer anything that a good set of all round headphones would. Is this true? I currently have ath ad700 and am considering getting some newer headphones. This is two fold, something with better audio quality whilst having some where the audio is more closed than these. These headphones are very loud outside of me wearing them, the audio escapes. I would like some with a bit more isolation but have no idea where to look other than the usual *gaming* related manufacturers such as Hyper X with the Cloud Alpha or Steel Series with the Arctis pro + dac.

Would either of these headphones be an upgrade on what I have now? I use the onboard audio from an Asus Maximus Hero VIII.

I am not opposed to any open style headphones like I currently have, if they will provide a decent sound.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your reply. I kind of figured it would be the case, but as these headphones are quite old I wondered more than anything if the quality of the "gaming" headphones had increased enough yet. Gaming peripherals are the equivalent of the fitness sectors supplements, it's amusing to me in many ways.

I think that is my biggest problem with these current headphones, they do sound good, but they really do lack bass. I think if the difference isn't going to really be huge I may as well stick it out.

Back
Top Bottom