A High-Quality VGA Cable Wanted

Soldato
Im looking for a high quality VGA cable to use eith my Samsung 913N. With the current one I can notice very slight fuzzing if on full black or any other colour and its bugging me. I saw this one but will a good quality VGA make a big difference?

No competitor talk please

Man of Honour
please don't link to competitor websites, it's against forum rules. A good quality VGA cable might make some difference to image clarity. Have you also ensured you're running at 1280 x 1024 resolution and at 60Hz refresh rate?

Soldato
OP
Baddass said:
please don't link to competitor websites, it's against forum rules. A good quality VGA cable might make some difference to image clarity. Have you also ensured you're running at 1280 x 1024 resolution and at 60Hz refresh rate?

Oh sorry about that. And yes, its running 1280X1024 at 60Hz :). Can I get a good one off of Overclockers?

Man of Honour
they used to have them, but don't list them anymore. Maybe worth contacting the shop to check, but looks like you might need to look elsewhere. Belkin always make good cables, but dont go crazy on the price

Soldato
Make sure you get one described as an SVGA cable rather than VGA, since that means it'll be suitable for 1280*1024. None of the Belkin ones are fulled wired, so they won't pass DDC info to your PC, so your PC won't know what res's the monitor can do. Not necessarily a problem as the Samsung drivers should do the same job.

Soldato
OP
fish99 said:
Make sure you get one described as an SVGA cable rather than VGA, since that means it'll be suitable for 1280*1024. None of the Belkin ones are fulled wired, so they won't pass DDC info to your PC, so your PC won't know what res's the monitor can do. Not necessarily a problem as the Samsung drivers should do the same job.

cheers for the info, ill contact Belkin and have a look. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom