A Kettle of Fish

Permabanned
I would suggest that you set up a table at a local craft fair or village fair somewhere as all the ones I have been to in Bucks. do a roaring trade and I'm sure that yours would sell well, especially as you could take commissions which would be novel. You would be better off selling direct to the public as you could charge full retail price too.

You should apply for tickets for Autumn Fair at Birmingham sio that you could see what you're up against. They're free and easy to find with a quick search on t'interweb.

Good luck.

Associate
OP
The art works reminds me very much of the meg and mog book I used to have as a child. They are very good.

However, I can’t see how this doesn’t break the form rules. You website clearly states you'll be selling in the shop come the new year.

I say I will be selling in anticipation... I don't know 100% whether I will be though! If I do it myself it will be locally in one or two privately owned shops. Not exactly gonna big up the shops to get people to go buy :)

Plus, it's not exactly competing for business here... no other people that I am aware of have a card business plan here on OCUK so, even though I don't see this as really promoting my business (rather telling people about my hobby/interests), if it was considered that way then no one would be affected.

If I posted saying "guys and girls, come buy my products here" then that would be a different matter! Instead I am saying "Guys and girls, look what I do and hope to achieve, have a laugh and is there anyone who wants a drawing done?!" :)

If I do make it big and am in all the card shops and people think this is against the rules I will happily remove it as I don't want to be trouble at all! If any dons have any problems please please please email me. I really don't want to cause problems at all :)

Drawings are coming on slowly at the moment as currently on holiday (though I have managed to slip the odd one in)! I promise you I will get them done without fail :)

For a reminder to those who fancy one/have an idea and want me to draw it you can fleamail me at [email protected]! If you post it here I may miss it - email means I see it and put it in a "to do" folder!

Soldato
It still surprises me how much raw talent people on here have, Pheebs these are excellent and I would definitley buy them if seen in card shops, top notch! keep it up! :D

Soldato
Stretch don't be such a spoil sport. The OP is not exactly saying "buy my goods, they are cheaper and better", it's something unique to GD and as you can see it has popular interest.

Oh and OP: Nice work ^_^

Associate
OP
Been away but am back on track now!

Bit busy trying to set up some back of card designs but have managed to get a few done! Those who are waiting - I will get round to yours :) Sorry it's taking a while - sometimes I lack inspiration on some lines and wait wait wait and then BLAM! I draw something (funny really considering I only draw stickmen :p ;))

Here's the couple of the ones I have done in the past few days:

For a lady who requested the line "Lights make me go pretty" I did two:

This one...
210408%20-%20Mary%20-%20Lights%20Make%20Me%20Go%20Pretty.png

And this one...
210408%20-%20Mary%20-%20Lights%20Make%20Me%20Go%20Pretty2.png

I think I prefer the latter - it's nice and simple. Just how I like things!

And then there's this one which I did for a very close friend who I heart muchly:
150408-FeelingAlone.png

:)

Soldato
wow that website is amazing, it looks professional as well as being fun :p. Hope your business goes well! i can see it going very far!!those drawings are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom