A Long Time Ago....

Soldato
In A House Probably Not So Far Away, Well it was a sunny day one february about 4 years ago when i decided i would build my own top of the range pc, i did this and it ran perfectly, we had many happy times together, running top of the range games watching movies, photo editing and so on.... but one dark day in may 2005, i went out while my trusty pc stayed at home doing things... but when i came back the screen was frozen... and i hit restart and she died..... so i instantly tried as many things as i could... managed to work out it was either graphics, mobo or cpu, so i ordered a X800XL, Barton 2500+ M and Abit NF7-sV2.0 from OCUK.

I Fited it all, and after testing found out my trusty old 1700+ and Mobo were dead, but after a moment of mourning i pluged everything in, hit the power switch and ducked for cover.... then emerged to see trusty windows loading and detecting new hardware!

I have been running this now since may, and it was going well, but gradualy over time things have gotten slower, BF2 is now jerky to the point of not being able to hit anything! Was taking 20mins to load but managed to get this problem sorted, morrowind was jerky.... infact most games i tried to play were jerky, then i went and got Oblivion, it ran perfect! I was so happy playing Oblivion with full details (Tho no AA), tho i turned my PC off, and dident use it for 3 days due to being very very busy.... and when i went back, i loaded up Oblivion and started rideing along on my horsey..... But alas i sudenly jerked forward, then i jumped in the air, the screen froze for a mili second and i went from being in the air to being on the ground in a jerk, so i started running round the city and kep missing what i tried to jump on thanks to jerking to far or to short.... went in houses and was constantly jumping around the place.... loaded up BF2 and it was even more jerky than normal.... played for a while and dident go away like it normaly does.... here i am heading to the door and next thing i know im facing the window dead.....

So it seems my PC is going insane, i have tried Formating, 2 different hard drives, i have removed my sound card, and all PCI cards, i have tried a different graphics card, i have tried different memory, i have cleaned the pc from top to bottom, i have reinstalled my games, i have updated all my drivers, i have tried low settings, high settings, i have tried altering prioritys of games, shutting down everything but the game in proccess managment.

So im stumped, i have tried almost everything it could be..... So i face this, do i atempt replacing more parts in the hope that it works..... or Do I build a new pc from scratch.....

So realy im asking, has anyone any ideas to cure my baby? And if the anser is no.... can you spec me a new pc that will run anything i throw at it perfect.... budget irrelivent within reason......

Thanky ;)

PS, apart from the PSU, Mobo, CPU and GFX my parts are around 4 years old HDD etc

Soldato
OP
Yes, i did, SLK-900U, i got one of the air cans, and wow did my room get dusty!, also changed my Delta screemer for a bigger quieter fan:

Under Load:
50-55C CPU
60-66C Graphics
33C Case

Idle:
48C CPU
46C Graphics
30C Case

Back
Top Bottom