A low cost (but scaleable) blog platform?

Associate
I fancy starting a blog, it'll be more of a journal than anything else to start - obviously there are many free options out there but I couldn't find one with the right 'fit' for future scaleability (e.g. using my own domain and owning the content but low initial cost). In the (unlikely) event it could one day be a revenue stream, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot!

So, are there any low-cost options out there that would let me use my own domain but keep control/export content in future? I have a 'medium business' host package with Vida - I don't want the blog associated with my business but not sure if there's someway to utilise the host?

FWIW, I'm not bothered about aesthetics, customisation etc initially.

Soldato
If you have a domain you could just set up a wordpress on the vida hosting. Probably be the easiest way. IIRC vida have one click install of wordpress.

Associate
OP
Great, thanks Mynight, I did wonder if there might be something like that via cpanel. And I take it I could use the existing host space without it being shown in the blog URL?

Soldato
Great, thanks Mynight, I did wonder if there might be something like that via cpanel. And I take it I could use the existing host space without it being shown in the blog URL?

As long as you have a separate domain for it the only way you'd know both sites run on it would be looking up the IP but unless it's a dedicated server/IP chances are there will be hundreds of sites showing up.

I can't find the "medium business" package details is it cPanel or vidas panel you use?

Back
Top Bottom