A question on credit card chargeback process

Caporegime
A question to those in the know.
I want to do a charge back on a online purchase.
I've waited a week, I've had zero communication back, I've emailed 5x asking for updates and today 1 cancelling the order, in which I wrote if I don't get an answer in 24h I'll begin a charge back. I've rung them, straight to answer machine saying email. Jokers.

Cool story efour.

The credit card company wants me to download a form and fill it out and post it to them..... Paper? Post? 2024?

Is this normal procedure for these things or archaic Swedish nonsense....

I've done it for debit card payments a couple of times with HSBC, I just filled out an online form.

The seller gets 90 days to dispute it, but they have to provide evidence to support their argument and if they just never respond they are unlikely to get far.

Last edited:
A question to those in the know.
I want to do a charge back on a online purchase.
I've waited a week, I've had zero communication back, I've emailed 5x asking for updates and today 1 cancelling the order, in which I wrote if I don't get an answer in 24h I'll begin a charge back. I've rung them, straight to answer machine saying email. Jokers.

Cool story efour.

The credit card company wants me to download a form and fill it out and post it to them..... Paper? Post? 2024?

Is this normal procedure for these things or archaic Swedish nonsense....

It all depends on the credit card company and their policies. Generally I have had to either complete an initial online form or fill in a pdf form and email. Id be very surprised if they don't have facility to email a section 75 claim.

Communication from the credit card company afterwards has often been via post however even when requesting I provide additional information.

Yes. We'll ok. I guess it's fair enough. Seems designed to put you off, slow down and give them time to sort it out... 90 days good lord...
It's only 3000 Swedish funny money.... as long as I get it back one day Im not too bothered.
Lived my life never having to deal with crap like this, lucky me I guess.

Last edited:
Yes. We'll ok. I guess it's fair enough. Seems designed to put you off, slow down and give them time to sort it out... 90 days good lord...
It's only 3000 Swedish funny money.... as long as I get it back one day Im not too bothered.
Lived my life never having to deal with crap like this, lucky me I guess.

Speaking from a UK perspective/experience, I have generally found the credit card companies I have dealt with very helpful in seeking a fair resolution. Like anything, their decision is subject to scrutiny so they have to be diligent and ensure their decisions are defensible so at times the process can feel a little laborious

I'm in the process of doing a chargeback now with Halifax, and I'm doing it over the phone.

They did tell me there is an option to do so via their mobile app, which, curiously enough, isn't available on the website page.

Stop using crap credit cards and get an AMEX. It's basically instant..
Amex aren’t great at dealing with card cash backs. Despite providing the evidence they requested about a retailer not refunding a return, sided with the retailer twice stating I’d not provided emails. The emails which I’d sent them as requested. Absolute jokers

Amex aren’t great at dealing with card cash backs. Despite providing the evidence they requested about a retailer not refunding a return, sided with the retailer twice stating I’d not provided emails. The emails which I’d sent them as requested. Absolute jokers
Strange - I've never had an issue. Instant refund and they'll get back to you if tables turn.

Back
Top Bottom