A quick query.

Associate
I was going to buy an air cooler from Overclockers but it's currently out of stock and won't be available until way after my build date.

I just wanted to confirm, if I was to buy it elsewhere and it's shipped from a different country, in this case the US, would it still be compatible with UK parts?

Obviously, PSU units and plugs will differ but is there any difference in coolers, voltages? connectors? e.t.c

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure, although not certain without knowing the copler you're getting, all parts are the same. Gone are the days of region locking and NTSC vs PAL etc. The PC parts should all be the same once the PSU has stepped down from 110v or 230/240v etc.

You will probably get stung for a large postage cost and import duties though.

Coolers should have no compatibility issues.

In terms of being identical: that's harder to answer, there are sometimes regional differences in quality and component choices and you may have no or less warranty.

Personally, I don't think it is worth it for a part like that, especially if you're in a hurry, air coolers are plentiful and you should easily be able to find an in stock alternative.

Just checked and the fan headers are the same and the socket is an Intel or AMD standard so that won't be an issue between USA and UK so I'd say you will be absolutely fine. Although I think you should wait for OC to restock :p

I was going to buy an air cooler from Overclockers but it's currently out of stock and won't be available until way after my build date.

I just wanted to confirm, if I was to buy it elsewhere and it's shipped from a different country, in this case the US, would it still be compatible with UK parts?

Obviously, PSU units and plugs will differ but is there any difference in coolers, voltages? connectors? e.t.c

Thank you.
Can you cancel the order? (if you have ordered it)

You can get it in the Uk with delivery on either Thursday or Friday.

Last edited:
Can you cancel the order? (if you have ordered it)

You can get it in the Uk with delivery on either Thursday or Friday.
Thank you, I haven't ordered it yet, and I think I've found where you are talking about, in fact that is the same place I was going to get it from the US, last I checked that was the only option but it appears they have it in stock here now as well.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom