A quick thankyou

Associate
Just wanted to say thanks to the members of this forum for their advice on my new (and first) self-build system. The parts arrived yesterday and I had a working system by noon. Not only was the advice regarding specification more than useful, but the support that you’ve given to other noobs when their builds go wrong gave me confidence that I had some ‘tech support’ if things went kaboom...

My final, as built spec is..

Sonata II piano (with 450W PSU)
Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra
Athlon 3700+ SD
GeIL 2GB Value Dual Channel Kit
PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GTO 256MB
+ HD and DVD DL RW

And it goes like stink (well, compared to me old Dimension 2400 it does!).

Soldato
Glad you're happy.......now you have to overclock it to make you even happier :D:D

Seriously though, those recent 3700's have been getting some nice overclocks, ask on here for any more help ;)

Associate
well done mate looks sweet how does that x800gto run?
what games have you played?

i was looking at the 512 version of this card.

:D

Associate
OP
re: Games

I tend to only play RTS games (Civ, Rome, Sim City) hence the relativly low spec GPU, but I didn't realise how slow my old system was :eek: But with the GTO it flies through the 3D battle scenes and the CPU / memory allow the other parts to go zoom too.

re: Overclocking

Not something I would consider at the moment (although I have read the sticky in the CPU forum so you never know).

Now I'm trying to persuade my boss that his next system should be a self-build; Change the world, one person at a time :cool:

Back
Top Bottom