Associate
So I decided to build a cool and quiet rig for gaming and UE5 + Some Modelling + Whatnot

Requirements:
  • quiet
  • proper airflow
  • water cooled
  • easy to maintain
  • 560mm radiator
  • as tidy as possible
  • as cool as possible
  • as compact as possible
  • a decent audio interface
  • speedy front IO
  • decent looks
  • monitoring panel
  • resistant to leaks
  • upgradable (with other water cooled components)

Nice to have:
  • cheap (I don't have much hope here)

I searched if there were any reasonably-sized PC cases which could fit a 560 rad. No results. So I decided (not a matter for discussion) to build a custom PC case of aluminium extrusions and some bespoke machined parts (perforated side panels, machined mounts, machined and bend sheet metal parts).

ATM I am searching for companies that could offer some of the aforementioned services (bending, machining, waterjet cutting) for a (relatively) affordable price (e.g. I asked for a quote for radiator mounts and been quoted like 2k). The parts I used are not that important. I could provide details if there would be an interest, but for know all you need to know is it is a 4080 FE + 7950X direct die. Side panels are meant to be waterjet-perforated 1.5mm copper sheets (no special reason, no I don't think that it would affect cooling performance).

Case WIP (Design)
Pump mounting slider
Radiator mount
Mounted radiator
PSU mount
Shroud with a cutout for an external audio interface
Am IO tray that keeps cables inside the case and matches IO cutouts on the front
Bare frames and panels

I apologize for external links, but I couldn't upload any images.
I would appreciate any insight, or offers (PM).

ATM I am looking for a CAD model of any ATX motherboard (the model should not be be a converted polygonal model), and for a way to attach internal header cables to the tray (I have no idea how I am going to do that). This would be it for now. I hope you found this log interesting, or even better, you have an advice or comments.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
A little update. I decided which feet I am going to use for now, so updated the model, decided how I am going to fix the audio interface inside the shroud (one, two) and how I am implementing the front IO (I am using corresponding couplers and a 3D-printed piece to hold them firmly in place). This way I don't have to do dirty hacks like just gluing things in place. Eventually I would like to add another panel that covers the radiator module at the top and features a panel with performance monitoring screen. But that could be done a bit later and would be compatible with this design. As of now, I am lacking competence to design and program such device.

Regarding a grabcad account, I do have one, however many models there are just converted polygonal models which kill my current two-core ~1.5GHz laptop. All I needed was the exact dimensions, positions of the mounting holes, and CPU/GPU slots. I ended up just measuring my motherboard... far faster then searching for some creative pieces which may have nothing to do with the ATX spec.

I hope so far this was an interesting thread. Looking forward to some critique or comments. ATM I consider the design finalized and after I validate tolerances I would begin asking for quotes. Cthulhu save me, I mean my wallet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom