A Thread For All The Flight Simmers Out There

Associate
Hey everyone,
Right, since I've overhauled my system, I decided to try the FSX [downloaded the demo] and see how my system copes with it. I instantly put everything on ultra high, and it coped to an extent, but it would still stutter when I panned around the plane. So, what I want to know, is what can I do to my system to make it handle ultra high? I know I need more RAM, but with my current CPU and GPU, it should be handling ultra high fine right?

Now that's out of the way, how are you guys running it on your rigs? I just installed FS9 on my system, everything's ultra high and it still looks pretty good. Was VERY good when it came out :D

Cheers, Chris.

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the advice so far, I've got FS9, and it's a great game. I'm running it full everything, and my GPU hardly even registers a % of stress, but when it does it only blinks to about 6%.

I guess I just want something new, the graphics are still pretty good on FS9 on full everything, but I still want it to be better, and since I know that my computer can handle a lot more than that, I want to get something new. I'm going to get the latest Combat FS, and I'll get tom Clancy: H.A.W.X sometime next week. My motherboard is very cheap, the system was originally given to me from my local computer store because I helped them out for a bit. Anyone got any experience with the more recent combat FS? Cheers, Chris.

Hey Nate,
That game looks pretty fresh, I think I'll give that a go. One of the things that swayed me is the fact that the teaser video you posted is made by a consumer, so you know it's going to look at least that good.

I've always been into all sims to be honest, I use Ship Sim 06 from time to time, and I'll definitely get 08 soon. I've also looked at Train Sim, I was playing Euro Truck Sim earlier, so basically all sims. I've got the first version of Combat Flight Simulator, so I definitely want to get the most recent one, I love shooting suckers out of the sky :D Anyone got any experience of the recent CFS's?

Cheers,
Chris.

Back
Top Bottom