A VERY long shot...

Permabanned
Sorry for the vagueness, but I really want to try and find out the name of this album/CD.

Basically I found a tape amongst my Dad's collection when I was young. This tape contained almost instrumental remixes (not cheesy pop mixes) of many songs - very few I recall (if any) are vocal. The best way I can describe the style of the music, is that it sounds like Jean Michel Jarre's style. Almost as though he remixed some songs in his spare time, and recorded them as an album. :p

Near the start of the tape, it had a mix of Phil Collin's "Another Day In Paradise", and near the middle of the album/first side of the tape, it had a mix of Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares To You".

I know what I've described is very vague, but it's very much all I remember. If I find the tape out from the depths of my attic tomorrow, I'll try and record the first 10 minutes of it, so you can hear it.

Thanks! :o:cool:

Permabanned
OP
Found the tape, and recording it using Audacity now.

But I'd like to know if it's okay with the Moderators, that if I hosted the MP3 on my webspace, could I link to it? Obviously it'd be a very low quality MP3, so as to put people off copying it - naturally, the high quality MP3 will stay firmly put on my harddrive. ;):)

Soldato
Found the tape, and recording it using Audacity now.

But I'd like to know if it's okay with the Moderators, that if I hosted the MP3 on my webspace, could I link to it? Obviously it'd be a very low quality MP3, so as to put people off copying it - naturally, the high quality MP3 will stay firmly put on my harddrive. ;):)

There are obvious copyrights issues there mate, so we couldn't allow such a link I'm afraid.

Soldato
In the trance thread the mods have allowed samples up to 90 seconds and no more than 128kbps, i see no reason why they would object to that in this thread

Permabanned
OP
In the trance thread the mods have allowed samples up to 90 seconds and no more than 128kbps, i see no reason why they would object to that in this thread
It's their rules, so I'm not going to ask them to break them.

I could bodge up a 90 second MP3 (or 180 seconds, at 32/64kbps) - but it would have to been done in stages, because the whole tape lasts about 45 minutes. :o

Soldato
You could convert it to a low quality bitrate and by law I think you're allowed 30 secs.

Not true.

True: Fair dealing with a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work for the purposes of research or private study does not infringe any copyright in the work

Also true: Fair dealing with a work for the purpose of criticism or review, of that or another work or of a performance of a work, does not infringe any copyright in the work provided that it is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement.

Still, if it were my say, I'd ignore it.

Soldato
Get a friend to come round with a sony ericsson phone. They have track id on them ;)

I can't see what would be wrong with a 90second sample if there aer others in different music sections...

Back
Top Bottom