A weird problem with Kolink PSU

Associate
A newbee here. Glad to finally register on the website because I'm experiencing a problem on my own, all I've done so far was reading the other threads.

So recently I got my hands on a Kolink Continuum 1050W PSU. But there is something wrong with it. After I turn it off (switch off+c13 cable disconected) (we are talking about the clip trick) 3.3V and 5V rails keep the charge and it starts to discharge very slowly (like a fan it takes more than 3 minutes to reach 0,00V). The PSU fan keeps spining for more than a minute before turning off.

Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
A newbee here. Glad to finally register on the website because I'm experiencing a problem on my own, all I've done so far was reading the other threads.

So resently I got my hands on a Kolink Continuum 1050W PSU. But there is something wrong with it. After I turn it off (switch off+c13 cable disconected) (we are talking about the clip trick) 3.3V and 5V rails keep the charge and it starts to discharge very slowly (like a fan it takes more than 3 minutes to reach 0,00V). The PSU fan keeps spining for more than a minute before turning off.

Any idea?

Thanks

PSUs have large capacitors. It's not that unusual for there to be a trickle of current for a while. If it's under load (ie plugged in), and you switch it off at the back, it will probably take several seconds for the lights on your motherboard to go out just because the PSU still has some charge.

Some PSUs also run their fans after power off to keep the components cool and not suffer heat soak issues.

Soldato
PSU really can't instant turn off its outputs.
While power source for secondary is disabled, filtering capacitance stores charge until it's discharged.
And with with nothing connected as load rate of that discharge depends on leakage currents.
(don't think secondary has "bleeder" resistors because of not storing dangerous voltages)

Back
Top Bottom