• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A year on from 30 series release

Soldato
Yeah I know there are plenty of GPU threads. Just thought it might be good to reflect on what's happened in the year since the 30 series cards came out, and what might be coming round the corner in 2022.

I bought my 3070 FE a year ago this month. Wanted a 3080 FE, couldn't get one. Tried for months after, still no luck. I see that availability is still shocking, and prices are still crazy.

I still hold my view that the FE cards were the only ones with value for money. The AIBs added nothing to this release, in my view. Yet I see retailers can now charge 3080 FE money for a 3060 Ti.

Are we in for more of the same going forward?

Will the 40 series / AMD 7000 series offer 2x or more performance increase, and when will we see it?

Just on AMD, their whole release was abysmal. They don't deserve to be in the game with how poor their availability was. It felt like they made about 10 units and launched.

Also to add - this section of the forum used to be a hive of activity and discussion. In the last year its felt like the GPU situation has killed this too. We've all been seriously put off by it, I feel.

Back
Top Bottom