A34 why so many accidents?!?

Associate
So I live in Newbury and so very close to the A34
Now locally we get reports whenever there are incidents because then traffic colds through town - great fun

Now lately it gets shut daily at least in one direction because of accidents

Any other A-road as bad?!?

Associate
OP
A34 is undersized for the amount of traffic, lots of hills that cause big speed differentials between lorries & everything else, surface isn't great (e.g. there's a big dip in L2 southbound on the bit north of the M4 that can really throw your car about at 80+mph), no hard shoulder (I've called 999 previously because there's been a car broken down, sitting half way across L1) sliproads are short & there are many lay-bys, services etc that give huge opportunity for merging incompetence.
Very true
It’s great fun just across the border, not helped by moron lorry drivers using both lanes on the crawler section where they are only supposed to use one lane
There we’re suggestions to move to 3 lanes but they have gone quiet….

Associate
OP
A34 seems a lot better than it used to be. I remember about 10 years ago, I used to commute from Abingdon to Newbury daily. Did it for 6 months and quite the job as I seemed to be stuck in slow moving traffic on the A34 near enough every day.
The replacing of the bridge at Milton didn’t help I’d imagine
Did the opposite journey and also to Didcot as well tried my best to steer clear of the A34

Back
Top Bottom