A8R32-MVP - Problems, Problems and more Problems

Associate
Hi all, I wanted to start a thread that deals with the issues this board has and which some of you may or may not have experienced. Hopefully we can find ways we might be able to fix them?

A couple of things I have noticed with this board (which I really dont think was/is ready for prime time).. Rev1.03G BIOS 0311

- Buggy BIOS that defies logic, e.g, why can I boot at 270*10 and not at 270*9?
- High pitched whine or whistle coming from RAM when board is idle??
- Voltage fluctuations when idle which is not so bad when under load.
- Interference with onboard sound whilst using network
- Pathetic network performance from onboard NIC's on a 100Mb LAN - (Max throughput is about 2-5%) new and old drivers tested.
- Only my bottom PCI slot works and that has to be wiggled into the right position before it is recognised
Warm boot issues when overclocking (sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesnt)
- long pauses in Windows (which seems to have been rectified by using a PCI network card)
- Long delay initialising BIOS when using a USB hub

I am sure more can be added to this list :(

Associate
OP
Your probably right Raja but if I am taking this pile of junk out then I wont be fitting another ASUS board. I had problems with my P4C800e-Deluxe, my A8R-MVP and now this one. I should have learnt my lesson about buying ASUS stuff. :(

Still I am certain it has the potential to be a good board but so much depends on ASUS helping us out and they have seemed reluctant unless well known people in the industry get involved as well (i.e, having to contact anandtech, driverheaven, etc to get something done about original BIOS problems). Nothing at all has been done to rectify a lot of the problems associated with the older A8R-MVP :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thats interesting. I too have a Saitek game pad and would never have thought to swap it out. Thanks for the heads up on that Coolasmoo :D
Edit: Tried it without the Saitek, no change, still hangs.

Do you use your onboard network across a LAN or just for the internet. I notice mine is fine for normal DSL usage but for my network at home it was completely unusable. A 2MB email from a friend took nearly 8 minutes to download from my email server...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I tried both onboard LAN's and both were slow. When i put my bargain bin $10 NIC in my speed immediately went to 70-80%.

I have a Logitech G15 keyboard, Logitech USB bluetooth hub, Microsoft USB mouse, USB CD/DVD library and a Sandisk card reader
USB Hub - Saitek Rumbleforce gamepad, a Logitech Driving force pro wheel (unplugged as it wont boot at all with it plugged in) and empty usb cables for my phone and camera.

I am a bit miffed with the PCI not working. I cant use any slot other than the bottom one.

RMA- Return to Manufacturer - seems instructions to do this should come on the box :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom