Abit AA8 Motherboard Code: 9.F

Soldato
Hi folks,

I got home tonight and found the PC won't boot :( It's powers up with 100% cpu fan for 30 seconds and then shuts off. There's no VGA output and the motherboard shows the last code being 9.F.

Does anyone know what 9.F means?

I ponder if it's the motherboard (Abit AA8 3rd Eye/duramax) as one capacitor on the top right has a slight bulge and what looks like a spot of black goo leakage about the size of a snails poo :o

Thanks is advance,
Hector.

I've cleared the cmos, sadly no joy. PSU I don't have another compatable, they are all too old :( The current PSU has led's on the back that should report if a rail is weak or if too much juice is being pulled, the led's are all green (okay) but then I doubt it's fool proof.

It could well be the PSU. Is an ATX2.3 compactable with ATX2.1 aged hardware? If so then I can always get a 2.3 and if the pc still won't wake up then I won't have wasted any money on trying.

^ Said I don't need to upgrade as the pc has years left in it for what I use it for and the very next day, it's kaput!

The PSU has an 8pin (4/4) CPU power lead and 6pin PCIe leads and the main mobo lead has a 24pin (20/4) connector.

I don't know of anyone with a PSU of the right format that I could borrow :(

Back
Top Bottom