Abundance of games - Scarcity of interest.

Soldato
I own countless games but I really struggle to maintain interest in many of them.

Occasionally a game like Elden Ring or Last of Us will capture my attention but the rest just fall into the pile of games that have had 10 minutes on them.

This was never an issue when I used to buy a physical copy of a game and excitedly install it when I got home. There weren't other games distracting me and the fact that I had invested some money made me feel obliged to play through.

In the same way Netflix has given me so much crap to watch, the likes of Gamepass and epic sales gave me so much crap to play. What ultimately happens is I end up watching old movies and TV shows or for games, I seem to get drawn back into older ones I've completed before.

I have a feeling that I am not the only one. The subscription model means good games just fall into a black hole and don't get the attention they deserve. Instead, games like Fortnite or COD can give people a quick predictable fix without the need for substance.

Anyone else feel similar? There are more games than ever, yet only a handful manage to make an impact.

Soldato
OP
Well last night I managed about 1.5hrs of Animal Well and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So there's hope for me yet!

Also I got a quest 3 recently and admittedly quite enjoyed playing some Darth Vader thing.

I think I probably need to put my phone away, remove distraction, get comfortable and commit to some short games that don't require months to complete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom