Access Point Deco BE65

Associate
Hi all, I am very new to AP and wanted to do it as I have wired points in the house and heard it may be better than using the new TP Link Mesh system in Mesh mode.
I have three of these TP Link BE65 routers/nodes.
I connected the first one direct to the modem and switched it to AP. Nothing would connect - wifi or Ethernet.
Reckon something to do with DHCP (guess though)
Do I have to use another router to the modem and then connect the TP Links to that? Or can I use the 3 TP Links and change a setting so everything now works?
I am pretty confused??!
Any help is appreciated!

I think the BE65 *CAN* do router stuff, but you need to set it up accordingly, which is why I haven't done it yet. Either your modem needs to be the router with the Decos set to be access points, or the Decos need to be set to router with VLAN details set up, and the modem set to be modem only.

In my case, I use Virgin, and this is what Deco recommend: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/3857/

The only thing I'd also say is, this kit is Wi-Fi 7 and supports MLO, it will do a very good job of mesh.

But as above, you may be best just keeping your existing router, turning off Wi-Fi and allowing this kit to do AP mode.

Back
Top Bottom