Acer 8200 Laptop...anyone have one?

Caporegime
Hi all

Seen a laptop that im quite interested in and was wondering if any of you had any opinions or perhaps own such a laptop. Its the Acer 8200 laptop which literally has everything i could want in a laptop with a dual core cpu in it.

Only thing that bothers me is the fact that the gfx card shares the system memory although its only 256mb of it shared.

Any opinions on such a laptop or acer laptops in general...

Caporegime
OP
squiffy said:
Great prices, Acer UK customer support is pretty bad though. The Hypermemory thing I think only uses the extra shared 256MB if it requires it. Are you looking at the 8202 or 8204? The latter has a better spec (twice memory, 20GB bigger HD, 400mhz CPU faster per core) but roughly £340 more. There's also the another Acer range with ATI and dual core, can't remember which one, 570x or something. Not disappointed with Acer laptops and would buy again. The keyboards aren't the most robust/chunky feeling.

Cheers mate for the info, i think its the 8204...obviously with the higher spec lol. The 8204 laptop has an ATI X1300 gfx card 512mb of it but its 256mb of shared memory which doesnt appeal to me but then i wont be playing any games on it as such.
The 570 model comes with a slower cpu but more ram and a slot load dvd writer which is nice but i need a faster cpu so was more interested in the 8204 laptop.

Hmmm ive heard their support is a bit crap, which again worries me but not that much tbh. Keyboard wise im not so fussed about, been using a Dell inspiron 8600 lappy and that has a terrible keyboard, very flimsy and not very robust itself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom