Acer AL1916W (19" value WS) @ 1600 x 1220 ??!!

Associate
Hi all,

My screen was acting up today (switched on PC first and windows had already loaded so incorrect res) I just cranked up the res as much as it (windows) would let me and I'm able to use it at 1600 x 1200!?!

So.... It looks a little odd (the text) Icons are OK and I think with somw tweaking via the nVidia Control Panel I can make it look better. Does anyone know wtf 'Front Porch' and 'Back Porch' etc mean.. has anyone done this with thier screen? I googled this but looks like this could be a first!

Many thanks

Man of Honour
i would imagine that while you might be outputting 1600 x 1200 that the monitor is scaling it down to 1440 x 900 anyway.....got any pics of it running at that res?

Associate
OP
Baddass said:
i would imagine that while you might be outputting 1600 x 1200 that the monitor is scaling it down to 1440 x 900 anyway.....got any pics of it running at that res?

I don't have pix at the min (on 56K too :( ) The actual OSD reports it is running at 1600 x 1200 you see! It's definatley running at this hi-res but needs a little tweaking for the text to be sharper... TBH, it's no biggie, just pushing the limits of eveything I ever come across ya know, wondering if any peeps here have done the same? If there's enough interest I will nab some shots and upload them...

Soldato
The screen only has 1440*900 pixels though, so if you run higher than this the image is interpolated, so you're missing details and the quality will be lowered. Not really much point running higher than the native res.

Man of Honour
fish99 said:
The screen only has 1440*900 pixels though, so if you run higher than this the image is interpolated, so you're missing details and the quality will be lowered. Not really much point running higher than the native res.

yep, that was my point really. Also you risk doing damage to the screen if you run it outside it's maximum rated resolution which is 1440 x 900.

Back
Top Bottom