Acer Aspire 1680 - B/T adapter goes where?

Soldato
Ok, I got an Acer Aspire 1680

I notice that its got no BlueTooth adapter in it, and so I have gone out and bought one.

It came today, but can I connect it to anywhere?

I have had all the covers at the backup, under the Wifi, RAM and HD and nothing looks like the conector for it... It is the right connecter in case you are wondering.

My only last thought, is that it could be under the keyboard perhaps, but Im unable to get that stripped now too???

Any chance someone might know the answers?

Thanks in advnce.

Soldato
OP
the connector is 8 pins but there are only 5 wires... All black.

I have had alook under the panels, but saw nothing obvious.

If oyu could have a peek that would be great... I hope this is not going to be like my Packard Bell cos that had all the junk for WIFI but a complete inability to add an adapter as it had no internal PORT / SOCKET, so its been used with a PCMCIA Card.

Soldato
OP
Ok, earlier on I managed to get at the underneath of the keyboard..

3 Screws on the Screen hindges, and it pulls up, and there are the latches near the keyboard itself which are bloody hard and click loudly ( Scarily - I had to verify it hadnt snapped every click ) and then the keyboard itself held down with a further 2 screws.

Now, I managed to slide the keyboard up a litte, and it revealed a socket that is the same size as this bluetooth adapters plug, there is somethign already connected however, and the pins used are the same ones as this B/T adapter, so, a few questions came into my head now...

1 - Is that a bluetooth adapter

2 - If so, then why does it not work?

3 - If no, then where the hell can the B/T adapter possibly go?

4 - I want my mummy

I have one of those sneaky suspicions that I am going to have to fully strip this bugger down, but I also have another sneaky in that if I do, and that other device turns out to be a B/T adapter and all I needed to do, is simply enable the BlueTooth on this Laptop?

The thing is, that its got the buttons on the front to enable BT & WIFI and the WIFI does do just that, but the BT does not... Not even with BT software?

OR is this not the right place?

Soldato
couldnt find one at work today, but we usually get them in quite often, been along time since i looked at one and from memory cant ever say ive ever seen one with bluetooth built in, they always had the buttons but don;t recall ever having one installed, it could just be a blank, once the keyboard is up it should be clearer.

Soldato
OP
Thats just it... I had the keyboard up and Im no better off???

The cables go under the casing, and out of sight so I dont know what the cable is, is why its there?

I had no smegging instructions either, so there is sod all I can go on?

Never mind.

Thanks anyway, but if you come across one thats BT enabled, let me know yeah?

Cheers mate.

Back
Top Bottom