ACER PREDATOR 4K XB321HK 32" IPS G-Sync

Associate
Has anybody got this ?

Really thinking of getting this .

Reasons I miss 4K and I miss IPS . Had the first Philips 4K 40in bloomin loved it was amazing quality but gaming It was good but not as good with Gsync sold it due to it being a bit to Big and going x34 ultrawide , sent 3 x34s back and went for 3 X dell 144hz Gsync and even though very immersive I got peeved off trying to fixed games with widescreen fixer and some games just looked washed out . And couldn't record games as not compatible due to the res . Now I like the look of the Acer 4K it was my first choice from the start but here was no release date and nothing online saying otherwise only overclockers pre order price. Now what makes me want this even more is that it is £250 cheaper than the X34a (not from here) , 32in is the sweet spot for me , 60hz won't bother me due to the Gsync , my PC is very good for 4K -i.e. 5960x 4.5ghz , 2x980ti sc @ 1498mhz .. Custom water cooled , even with my 40in 4K Philips i was getting around 70-90 frames in project cars with AA off , and games like black ops 3 I was getting over 100 .

I also very impressed with user reviews online where there is minimum backlights bleed and IPS glow .

Anybody here for this screen and what are your views ?

Pa I have kept one of the dell 144hz screens for back up in case games become to taxing . And plan on getting 2x 1080ti when released and then sell the dell and get the Acer x34p at the end of the year and will have best of both worlds .

Associate
OP
Yes, I am testing it right now, along with Z35, and I quite like it.
See my post here - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29774420&postcount=8

It does have some corner bleed and glow though, but I think I will still keep it since they are not much noticeable at brightness levels I normally use.

nice one , would love to see pics of the ips glow , i had it on the 3x X34 screens and one was so bad it was like a gold tinge in each corner . but they do say IPS glow diminishes after a while when the panel gets older with use . Did you buy from here ?

Associate
nice one , would love to see pics of the ips glow , i had it on the 3x X34 screens and one was so bad it was like a gold tinge in each corner . but they do say IPS glow diminishes after a while when the panel gets older with use . Did you buy from here ?
I will need to wait for night to take picture. Tried to repro it now, and right bottom corner bleed (where its worst) not visible even on 100% brightness. Glow I can repro, but its very uniform and picture will not really show you much (whole monitor turns faintly gray-ish at high angle).

I had many different monitors and I think Acers I've got now certainly pretty normal. At least this one has no dead/stuck pixels (always higher probability with 4K) and very good backlight uniformity for medium solid colors, better than my Dell Ultrasharp had.

I thought about buying from overclockers but at the end didn't since found better price via google.

Associate
OP
I will need to wait for night to take picture. Tried to repro it now, and right bottom corner bleed (where its worst) not visible even on 100% brightness. Glow I can repro, but its very uniform and picture will not really show you much (whole monitor turns faintly gray-ish at high angle).

I had many different monitors and I think Acers I've got now certainly pretty normal. At least this one has no dead/stuck pixels (always higher probability with 4K) and very good backlight uniformity for medium solid colors, better than my Dell Ultrasharp had.

I thought about buying from overclockers but at the end didn't since found better price via google.

yep its £80 cheaper elsewhere but overclockers are willing to match it on this occasion . the price i found does not show this company as one of the sellers and found it strange that google didn't pick there price up .

Associate
Here is actually a good picture of light bleed:
http://cdn.overclock.net/7/78/500x1000px-LL-78ba1ad9_IMG_0805.jpeg

** Do Not Hotlink images **

This photo is not mine, but mine is almost identical, so I consider this just how this panel is.

For my normal use this is not an issue, since I never blow up brightness so high that black becomes gray (and this is only way to have non-uniformity manifest).

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I have one but i prefer my x34 over it. its not a bad monitor but if you have been spoilt by a 40 inch or superwide it hard going back to anything below 40 inches or 34 superwide.

Associate
OP
Here is actually a good picture of light bleed:
http://cdn.overclock.net/7/78/500x1000px-LL-78ba1ad9_IMG_0805.jpeg

This photo is not mine, but mine is almost identical, so I consider this just how this panel is.

For my normal use this is not an issue, since I never blow up brightness so high that black becomes gray (and this is only way to have non-uniformity manifest).[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm it all depends on what content looks like I don't mind the bleed and glow if I can't see it while using the monitor with a source going through it either it being s game or watching a movie ( except black bars movie as you would then see the bleed )

How are the black levels ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Mmmmm it all depends on what content looks like I don't mind the bleed and glow if I can't see it while using the monitor with a source going through it either it being s game or watching a movie ( except black bars movie as you would then see the bleed )

How are the black levels ?
Myself I notice corner glow on black scenes when I played with lights off. If I switch lights on, I see (diffuse) reflection of my desk instead :)
I wouldn't say its entirely unnoticeable, and I'd rather not have it - but unfortunately you always have to compromise and I don't really see any better alternative as for now in monitor department for me.

Black levels are normal IPS (its about ~1000 contrast ratio). Visually absolutely the same as my Dell Ultrasharp and totally fine, and, well, black (again, unless you play in the dark with brightness above minimal).
In comparison, not as inky as ~3000 of Z35. Again, I'd rather have better blacks - but you can't have everything, and I will pick higher colour accuracy and response time over better blacks since its just looks visually better to me (that's why I realised I just had to get both monitors to see with my own eyes which I will prefer).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have one but i prefer my x34 over it. its not a bad monitor but if you have been spoilt by a 40 inch or superwide it hard going back to anything below 40 inches or 34 superwide.

It just felt going from my 40in Philips 4K to the X34 ultrawide the ultrawide just felt a little slim and not much vertical space and obviously the 3 I had all went back and one was from here . The light bleed was just horrendous and was like a gold effect on sourced content . 2nd and 3rd ones I had were clearly customer returns one had finger prints all over it and the other had paint in the power lead . Trouble with e-tailers when they get a returned product they re ship it to next customer hoping they accept the problems that others didn't want .

Associate
I've had the XB321HK for a week now and it's fantastic. Very minor IPS glow in dark rooms when watching dark scenes, but I think that is normal. G-SYNC really is fantastic as well. I jumped from 120Hz TN panel and the G-Sync in gaming (even though it is 60Hz) seems just as smooth.

Couldn't be happier with mine.

Associate
Well, here we go. Just did another check for light bleed and spotted a dead pixel, showing as bright red dot fairly close to center :( Not sure if it was here before because I thought I already checked the dark screen and haven't noticed it before.

But looks like this one goes for (hopefully) exchange...

Here is extent of its backlight bleed btw - http://imgur.com/Whs5aft. Not too serious and would've kept it if not for this dead pixel...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well, here we go. Just did another check for light bleed and spotted a dead pixel, showing as bright red dot fairly close to center :( Not sure if it was here before because I thought I already checked the dark screen and haven't noticed it before.

Here is extent of its backlight bleed btw - http://imgur.com/Whs5aft. Not too serious and would've kept it if not for this dead pixel...

that looks very livable that glow/bleed and i could live with that . whats overclockers warranty on dead/stuck pixels ? i couldn't even live with 1 as my case of OCD will just play havoc on my brain and i would keep staring at it . I know with dell monitors they exchange if you find 1 dead/stuck pixel . not sure if to buy from here and go trough the hassle of getting the £80 difference back via webnote or just take the plunge and buy from the devil (very poor customer service ) .

so here is the question : is it worth £720 ?

Associate
Well, if I had a choice I'd rather not to pay 720 for this (and wouldn't touch Acer/Asus with ten foot pole) but pay even more for something higher quality.
But unfortunately there are no other monitors with these specs. I absolutely need either G-sync or at least high refresh.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
in 2 minds now . just use the 1 dell 27in 144hz gsync (TN) and wait until end of the year or take the plunge now and enjoy . only trouble is think 27in is way to small for me , its true what they say once you gone big you dont go back . with the sale of the other 2x dells screens i got £750 burning a hole in paypal lol

Soldato

Usually when you get a red stuck pixel on an Acer more will follow. Is it single or a cluster that looks like single, dont forget the pixels on 4k are very small.

Associate
Usually when you get a red stuck pixel on an Acer more will follow. Is it single or a cluster that looks like single, dont forget the pixels on 4k are very small.
Its a single red subpixel - its not very noticeable unless in dark or on dark content. But I know there is a chance of more developing - that's one of reasons I am returning, don't want to take a risk.
Also I am not sure if this pixel even was here when I've received monitor, because I did black screen test several days ago and haven't noticed any - so its possible it just failed recently...

Back
Top Bottom