Acer XR342CK blurry video

Associate
hi, just upgraded my gpu from a r9 290 to a gtx 980ti and purchased a Acer XR342CK wide screen monitor.but coming from my old dell 1440p monitor, this one while playing HD or 4k content or native 3440x1440 video ,especially on youtube, it looks blurry and pixelated on full screen, is this normal, when not full screen it looks ok.

Soldato
Well its max refresh rate is 75 ?...but as I said some video just is not so good looking when played on these monitors , it's the same for me....when I was using my 27" Swift...films were lovely and crisp, even non BluRay rips

Caporegime
It is down to the films being shown at their correct aspect ratio i.e. it is zoomed in to make use of the full screen without black bars and most of those films are shot at a resolution of 1920x800 so not only is the video being zoomed in but you're also upscaling (or if you are using a crap video player then there will be no upscaling algorithms at all) to 3440x1440, which will result in less IQ/sharpness.

madvr with MPC-HC helps with the upscaling and retaining some IQ/sharpness.

As for youtube, depending on the uploader i.e. someone who uploads good quality content, native 3440x1440 should look pretty decent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom