Ad-aware - bah

Soldato
Just read a thread on another forum I browse.

They said:
There seems to be no offical information about this problem yet but it seems that the newest updated version of Ad Aware (SE Personal)
deletes an important system file along with the adware. =/

I had the problem myself and so did two friends of mine after running Ad Aware in the last few days.

The pc runs *extremely* slow and no internet connection is possible anymore.
I got my system working again with a system restore and one of my friends even reinstalled the system completely...

So even if its un-official yet (couldn't find anything on Lavasofts page about it =/) I recomment you to NOT use Ad Aware for awhile.

I read on a bit further in that thread and people were saying their task bar and icons etc. were taking AGES to appear, the exact same happened to me. (See this thread I made when it happened:http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17590996)

So... I have really lost trust in Ad-aware over this, if I didn't have restore on I'm not sure what I would have done, I think there's some fix for it, not sure though.

I seem to remember this happened a while back as well?

--Edit--
Just got a patch through ad-aware. Anyone know if the problem's been sorted?

Craig.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't say I've ever had a problem like you have. I have 1.06r1 running here. Is that what you've got?

How big was the patch? I don't ever remember getting a patch for Ad-Aware.

Soldato
OP
MarcLister said:
Can't say I've ever had a problem like you have. I have 1.06r1 running here. Is that what you've got?

How big was the patch? I don't ever remember getting a patch for Ad-Aware.

Patch as in a definition update that you get asked to do every 10 days or so when you start it up.

I did get another update yesterday which might have fixed the problem, but the one I had problem with was the one before this one:

Reference Number : SE1R113 28.06.2006
Internal build : 135

Craig.

Associate
Craig321 said:
Patch as in a definition update that you get asked to do every 10 days or so when you start it up.

I did get another update yesterday which might have fixed the problem, but the one I had problem with was the one before this one:

Reference Number : SE1R113 28.06.2006
Internal build : 135

Craig.

You saying that you had the problem with SE1R113 28.06.2006?

'Cos that's the one currently available for download when you update Adaware

Soldato
OP
hethers said:
So that would be 112 on the 15/06/06. Can't say that I've personally had any problems with it. But now downloaded 113 on 28/06/06 anyway.

Maybe it's only with some computers, or happens when it deletes a certain cookie or something (it only ever finds cookies on mine). I heard ad-aware had a problem like this a while ago but I never had the problem.

Back
Top Bottom