Ad blue pumps

Associate
Just wondered has anyone tried to fill their adblue tank directly from a pump?

You see them at HGV pumps. Somebody told me the nozzle wont fit in a car. Not sure if thats true.

Don't want to look like a complete tool trying it in front of a load of HGV drivers if it doesn't fit.

Caporegime
Just wondered has anyone tried to fill their adblue tank directly from a pump?

You see them at HGV pumps. Somebody told me the nozzle wont fit in a car. Not sure if thats true.

Don't want to look like a complete tool trying it in front of a load of HGV drivers if it doesn't fit.
I've seen a few car owners using the HGV pumps, ADBLUE 4 YOU state "unfortunately filling your car up with AdBlue® at a pump is not possible yet. The pumps of AdBlue® at gas stations are available for trucks only and are not suited for filling up cars" yet I see cars using HGV pumps regularly....
https://en-gb.greenchem-adblue.com/...p-with-adblue-at-the-pump-at-the-gas-station/
Perhaps the nozzle won't fit directly, so you probably just sit it over the opening and trickle feed it in, still, I'd guess less faff than using those containers they sell....

Associate
OP
Seems like a complete pain. 10 litre containers it is then. Just seems like so much plastic wastage and a complete bell of a job to top up.

Being a taxi I go through a fair bit.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I have filled up with Adblue from a greenchem HGV pump around 5 times with no trouble at all, don't know why they say you can't. The nozzle fits in perfectly, just make sure it is pushed all the way in and stop at the first click to avoid spilling it.

Caporegime
I am always amazed at the markup on ad-blue, the manufacturers and shops must be making a fortune. We buy ours at work (albeit a 1000 litre IBC at a time) but only costs 21p per litre. Then i see shops and service stations selling 5l of adblue for a tenner. The worst I ever saw was 5 litres for £19.99!

Back
Top Bottom