Ad @ Singapore Grand Prix 2013

Soldato
Now, where the hell do I start?

This was easily one of the best weekends I've ever had anywhere and it wasn't just down to it being the F1. I'm lucky that my other half currently works over in Bangkok and has a great group of friends from her previous contract out in Shanghai. They all decided to come along to Singapore for a catchup weekend of partying....... and the F1 was also in town :D

Friday

Arrived and Changi airport and knew this weekend was going to be special as soon as we got to the hotel. What a clean, stunning and pleasant city, awash with F1 fans and poeple here for a good time.

Finally dumped our things and headed out for drinks and grub, but with it being 10pm already, the night was subdued and relaxed, catching up with friends and drinking the incredibly expensive cockatils and beers until around 3am.

Saturday

Lazy lazy morning followed by hitting the Raffles Hotel (birthplace) for of the 'Singapore Sling'. Brunch and many cocktails ensued......... The theme of this weekend!

p8lv.jpg

Had a nice afternoon nap then headed off to Marina Bay for drinks before the F1 qualifying. Unfortunately the Sky Bars across the city seemed to have been hired out for private events, but we enjoyed ourselves nevertheless, drinking the evening away and wandering around the bay to the track entrance down by the Fullerton Hotel.

Sunset over Marina Bay
ypf1.jpg

Nightfall
vkfg.jpg

Looking back at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.
mfgd.jpg

Frickin' LASERS and cocktail time!
c71u.jpg

Underneath the straight by the Fullerton Hotel whilst failing to find the track entry gate :confused:
82ek.jpg

Our seats in the Connaught stand.... Not bad Obama.
ndti.jpg

Qualy and some Red Bull dude doing alright.
67n6.jpg

View down the straight to the Fullerton Hotel corner.
76ob.jpg

Killers gig, not bad, but only really cared about their big hits tbh!
r3l1.jpg

Partying in Boat Quay until some ungodly hour!
7xwm.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sunday

Race day begun with the most leisurely of starts after a hectic and heavy Saturday!

Hit P.S Cafe for an out of this world brunch before heading over to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel for afternoon cocktails (at Ku De Ta), meeting new people and just generally enjoying ourselves as much as possible. Managed to grab a nice table with a view (by sheer luck) and spent the afternoon here until the GP2 race roared into action. It really was heaven being in a lovely bar, looking over Singpaore, with the air full of roaring engines..... Petrolhead party heaven!

Not a bad view.
8pus.jpg

A cracking old fashioned, Singapore Style!
uz0z.jpg

Hotel and the Port.
7sjr.jpg

Race time!!!!
s2f4.jpg

Fullerton Hotel corner and GP2 race.
g3r9.jpg

Corner leading to Padang Straight.
74te.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sunday - The F1 Race!!!!!

The city was absolutely buzzing as darkness fell, people everywhere, fans singing and a mass of bodies heading towards the circuit. Midly excited by this point :D

Got back to our stand and off we went! No talking the next hour up, but after Vettel fought off Rosberg into the first few corners, the racing was fairly dull for the most part. A few good tussles at the tail end and mid-pack, but lucky for us the racing went BONKERS coming into the last 10 or laps. This is where our seats really paid off, being at the end of the Fullerton Hotel straight and behidn those lit up hedgehog buildings!

We could see the cars closely following each other around the slow corner by the Fullerton Hotel, then all we had to do is wait for the action. Having all the top teams and drivers (bar Seb) slipstreaming, attempting and succeeding at overtaking each other no more than 12ft infront of us was something to behold. Suddenly everone was awake and on the edge of their seats....... AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

I'll let the pictures do the talking!

Back marker tussling with added sparks!
3t83.jpg

The fun begins!!!!
t6t3.jpg

o2k6.jpg

5dq6.jpg

ruyb.jpg

dli1.jpg

5158.jpg

Seb won. We enjoyed the fireworks ;)
qhle.jpg

Oh Hai Mark :D
r61i.jpg

So after that epic ending to the race, we popped over the track to the arena to watch Rihanna do some miming........So we drank trays of Tiger to ease the pain.
f6f4.jpg

Then ended the night playing 'Donkey Kong' in true 2D SNES style :D:D:D
kbs8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom