AData or G.Skill for Ryzen ?

Associate
Needing some RAM for my Asrock ab350 gaming-itx/wifi with a Ryzen 7 1700X, I am torn between buying a kit of 2x 8GB AData XPG Spectrix D40 3000MHz cl16 RBG, which is listed as compatible in the qvl memory list for the motherboard.
Or a kit of 2x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz cl16 RBG, which is not listed on the qvl memory list for the first Ryzen cpus, but is listed as compatible in the qvl list for Raven Ridge CPUs!

Both kits cost the same, but I don't know if the AData is the safest choice, although I like the looks a bit more on the G.Skill kit ?

Associate
I think you want to try and get the 3200 C16 isn't Samsung B die. Think they're normally C14 for 3200. I know the 8 pack stuff works great for Ryzen and some G.Skill is great for it too (think it's C14 stuff again though).

RAM on the QVL list should be OK, but check model numbers and specs carefully before buying. I originally had some TeamGroup 3000 RAM with my Ryzen 1700 and it was not stable over 2400 Mhz. The 8 Pack RAM worked at 3200 as soon as I changed the speed in BIOS. If I was you, I'd keep looking until you find some B-die stuff (normally sold at a premium price of course).

Associate
OP
I think you want to try and get the 3200 C16 isn't Samsung B die. Think they're normally C14 for 3200. I know the 8 pack stuff works great for Ryzen and some G.Skill is great for it too (think it's C14 stuff again though).

RAM on the QVL list should be OK, but check model numbers and specs carefully before buying. I originally had some TeamGroup 3000 RAM with my Ryzen 1700 and it was not stable over 2400 Mhz. The 8 Pack RAM worked at 3200 as soon as I changed the speed in BIOS. If I was you, I'd keep looking until you find some B-die stuff (normally sold at a premium price of course).

I have looked at the Cl14 timing version of the G.Skill kit, but it's almost £70 additional, that's more than I'm willing to pay extra though :)

Back
Top Bottom