Adblue question

Associate
First time needing to use this so apologies if a daft question but my car needs a top up of adblue. Can I just buy a bottle from the supermarket/garage and top up or is there anything I particularly need to look out for? Cheers

Soldato
First time needing to use this so apologies if a daft question but my car needs a top up of adblue. Can I just buy a bottle from the supermarket/garage and top up or is there anything I particularly need to look out for? Cheers
Same with me, I ordered a 4l bottle from Amazon for a tenner, went to Costco and a 10l was £20 so bought it and stored it in the shed ready for use.

As far as I'm aware any Adblue is fine as there doesn't appear to be any difference in any of the products I looked at

Soldato

Some Fuel Station’s have a Fuel Pump Style Ad Blue Filler priced Per Litre - I recently used this which clicked off once fully topped up.

I did this at BP and did it this way due to my payment method, it’s all accurately recorded that way.

But this way you aren’t left with an odd amount left over, plus Ad Blue has an expiry date.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try not to buy stuff from a supermarket/fuel station forecourt which has sat in the sun - sun can degrade the adblue.

Otherwise it doesn’t matter. Bought 10L for £12 the other day in Costco.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cost variations are huge, I bought 10L for £13 from a supermarket but recently got caught short and had to buy 10L from a Shell garage - £38!!!
Just like screen wash. I got caught out in the winter and just grabbed a bottle while I was filling up thinking it can't be that bad. £10 for a bottle I can pick up for £2ish from Aldi :o

Soldato
Cheers everyone, 10L for £11.99 at b&q so will go grab one today.
Not sure how long it should last as I've seen massive conflicting milage reports on the 'tinterweb but when I got my car (only had it just over a month) it said was low and only have 600 miles worth in it, filled up with 4l and it's been hovering between the 1800 and 1700 miles left since, doesn't seem to go down.

Soldato
I used to get the stuff from the Shell garage for my works van as it was free with my fuel card but blimey it's expensive compared to the supermarkets if you were using your own money!

I did like the bottles that you screwed onto the filler and pull up to release it all, that was a really good design and no mess.

My works van used to go about 4000 miles between fill ups.

Back
Top Bottom