Add missing parts part 2

Associate
This build will mostly be used for wow, Battlefield and general war games. Was thinking of building it around the 7800x3d, 7800xt, ram 30c 6000Mhz, needs Wi-Fi, I’ve picked

be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ARGB Midi Tower Case - White Tempered Glass​

For my case would need another fan at the front, so it would have 2 fans at the front, 1 rear fan, 1 fan top of case. With a cpu air cooler airflow should be ok yes? Would like the air cooler to be rgb. So white case and black parts should look nice I hope. Budget was around £1000 but don’t think this is going to happen so wife is going on a diet after Xmas to help pay for this.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Ps building two pc so I’ve done two posts.

For my case would need another fan at the front, so it would have 2 fans at the front, 1 rear fan, 1 fan top of case. With a cpu air cooler airflow should be ok yes?
Yeah.

Was thinking of building it around the 7800x3d
It has gone up so much I can't bring myself to include it in a spec anymore, maybe wait for the 9800X3D and see what happens.

Still way over budget without it though.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,300.73 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

Never mind with the budget…..looks like the wife won’t be having anything for Valentine's Day. What’s better for gaming 9700x or 7800x3d?

Never mind with the budget…..looks like the wife won’t be having anything for Valentine's Day. What’s better for gaming 9700x or 7800x3d?
Purely gaming its always going to be an X3D processor, I have heard that wow loves the X3D range

Last edited:
Looks like am waiting for a few more days to see if the price drops.
The 7800X3D has gone up loads recently, started out at £315 in June and is now £440.

I have been looking at this as I want to upgrade my I7 9700K but going to wait for the 9800X3D or black Friday sales to see what prices do as I am in no rush to upgrade at the moment.

Would it be better to have a c30 or is there not much difference between c30 and c36?
A few %, but the cost is not that high (£10-£20 or so) so it doesn't matter either way. An X3D CPU will care less about this than a non-X3D CPU.

What’s better for gaming 9700x or 7800x3d?
As ED209 mentioned, MMOs are one of the type of games that like the X3D's extra cache, but the price has climbed so much that I find it very hard to justify the price. In games that like it, the benefit can be pretty stark, but I would not be willing to pay nearly £450 for one.

Back
Top Bottom