1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Address format from US to UK?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merlin5, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Thekwango

Capodecina

Oh ya barsteward. Now I’m sodding hungry and by hungry I mean the slabbers are nearly running down my chin. Let me know when you’re sorted with the gear from the US and I’ll trust you over my address to send some samples :p

2. Merlin5

Capodecina

Hah, I wish I could share cake with OCuK, I've just joked with La Cuisine members that I'd email them a slice. :D

3. Thekwango

Capodecina

Well stuff you then - hope your parcel ends up in Kiev. And not the chicken!
    joking aside, I look forward to seeing what you whip up. I love cooking (especially sweet stuff) but sadly 2 young children means I don’t have as much free time as I used to have. Though I’m thinking your brownies could be a goer for tomorrow. With all the doom and gloom surrounding covid 19 I might as well cheer myself up with a sugar overdose :p

4. Nasher

Capodecina

Our own postal service will know where it's going so it doesn't really matter :D

5. Kutter

Mobster

I've always used UK and not had an issue.

6. .Lethal

Soldato

You're way over thinking this stuff. Use the first one you suggested. Also make sure to offer to cover postage at the least.

edit: Your cakes and pastries look great.

7. jpaul

Capodecina

Won't she need an accompanying : value + it's only a gift - customs form ? to avoid it being opened, and UPS taking it hostage.

I've used Iherb in the past for american ingrediants (DAbaking powder, for pancakes) but, the dollar became expensive.

( I assume for london, as postal town, you don't need to specify any subdivision/district, given it's size )

8. Jean-F

Wise Guy

On the rare occasion that I get anything via snail mail from the U.S. it’s addressed
    Jean-François Blank
    47 Whatever Street,
    London then post code
    U.K.
    Maybe the U.S. mail service recognises UK as Ukraine, but U.K. as United Kingdom?

9. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

:eek: They look terrific!

10. randomshenans

Capodecina

Sir Ross previously of the Glen
    18 Street Road
    Townvilleham
    Bertshire
    PC23 9OL
    England
    United Kingdom
    Former EU Nation
    European Country
    Earth

11. Merlin5

Capodecina

Thanks. :)
    Yep, offered postage.

Thanks, they tasted even better. :cool:

12. arknor

Caporegime

I doubt it makes any difference.

they all probably end up at the exact same point in the UK no matter what the address is.

then they will just get sorted by post code and sent to the correct mailing offices/hub where they will be sorted again before a postie takes them out for delivery

the more information on the letter probably makes it worse btw, I had a letter from royal mail at some point during the last few years saying to change the address I use

290a bla bla court
    bla bla road.
    Newcastle upon tyne

dropping the street name so it's short and simple

290a bla bla court
    newcastle upon Tyne

I assume it speeds up their sorting of letters by a fraction of a second or some such and was irrelevant information in the digital age

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020