Adele asks Spotify to remove the random button (for albums)

Caporegime
If she actually wrote the album as some kind of ordered story to the catastrophic mess that her relationship life actually is then sure probably best to play it in order to get the full story.
In the same way artists release paintings which can be a study for the next work...but moaning to spoitfy... Get over yourself.

Soldato
Jeez, I don't like her music, but I don't understand why so many of you are wailing in on her.

It really annoyed me that Spotify shuffled albums when you played them from the artist page, I never understood why you had to click into the album then press play to get it to play in sequence. Also, if you do that method, the shuffle button is still there. Best of both worlds. Thanks, Adele.

Soldato
Jeez, I don't like her music, but I don't understand why so many of you are wailing in on her.

It really annoyed me that Spotify shuffled albums when you played them from the artist page, I never understood why you had to click into the album then press play to get it to play in sequence. Also, if you do that method, the shuffle button is still there. Best of both worlds. Thanks, Adele.
Yeah this. Wow, so much hate for Adele on here it's insane. She hasn't taken anything away from you guys, you know?

As a fairly recent convert to Spotify (from GPM) I absolutely loathed the fact albums would start playing in shuffle and I could never get my head around why the stupid devs decided on that. Neither could my girlfriend.

This change 100% makes sense (without stopping those heathens from listening on shuffle if they really wanted to) and I wholeheartedly thank her for it!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
She has taken airspace that could have been better served by something much better, instead of ex boyfriend Angst and what i can only describe as death wailing.

She is dull, sounds dull, sings dull and a personality that when you go to a restaurant you eat up quick to get away from without causing a scene as you was nearly done anyway.

Caporegime
I bet the whole thing is about song listens and her personal revenue.

on most albums there's probably only 3-4 songs anyone actually listens too, I bet now days the "filler" tracks are worth almost nothing when it's on a streaming service

where as being part of an album they would be earning premium revenue no matter how bad the rest of the album is because people are forced to buy them at the going rate if they want the album.

Most of spotifys revenues will be from bots and people who are asleep who can't hit skip

Associate
Does Spotify seamlessly progress through tracks? I can see how shuffling certain albums would be jarring - Songs for the Deaf for example.

Back
Top Bottom