Adjusting water level of toilet cistern with no ball valve

Caporegime
Hi all

We're having a slight problem with hit-and-miss poo removal when we flush the toilet in our ensuite. This is the arrangement:

C5WBxjRl.jpg

I can see a water mark on the cistern fairly high up (green stain on the left), but the water level gets nowhere near it. So I guess that at some point the setup was changed to a low flush thingy? I've screwed the grey thing on the left as far as it will go, but it still won't get anywhere near the green stain.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can increase the volume of water that the cistern holds? I'm fed up of having to flush several times before the last night's dinner finally disappears.

Yeah the floats working fine and I've already adjusted it using the grey rod, but the water still doesn't come as high as the green line or anywhere near the overflow line.

Can't see a stopper but will take another look. There's no trickling into the toilet. I'm presuming the flush is hit-and-miss because of a lack of water volume within the cistern.

Yeah when I fill it manually to max the flush is much stronger and though I haven't yet tested it with solids, I'm fairly sure it'll do a much better job. The question is how to get it to fill that far each time without having to press the valve down myself.

There are no leaks that I can see, it's just that it stops refilling too quickly. Overflow drains back to the pan.

That did the trick. Small grey sleeve at bottom of valve, lifted that up, lifted the telescopic bit up then clipped the grey sleeve back down. Proper height achieved and proper flush now occurring. Thanks very much.

Incidentally I also slid the flush volume adjusters down and unwound the lugs underneath the button so that they press the flush mechanism more strongly. I was also having a problem whereby a press and release would only release a tiny amount of water from the cistern into the pan, i.e. you had to hold the flush button down for a good few seconds to get all the water out.

I now have a raging torrent of one-press flush goodness. Probably not very water efficient, but at least it gets rid of what it should.

Back
Top Bottom