Admiral and Elephant insurance website problems?

Soldato
Is it just me that isn't able to load the online quote pages on these two sites? I get an error everytime, tried different times of day and different days, never works. I'm sitting behind a router and thats the only thing i can think is going to cause me trouble my end. I've never had to port forward for a website before, so surely its not that :p?

I might as well phone them, i just don't want to waste their time, and or sound gobsmacked over the phone when i'm quoted 1.5k+ :(

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
Is it just me that isn't able to load the online quote pages on these two sites? I get an error everytime, tried different times of day and different days, never works. I'm sitting behind a router and thats the only thing i can think is going to cause me trouble my end. I've never had to port forward for a website before, so surely its not that :p?

I might as well phone them, i just don't want to waste their time, and or sound gobsmacked over the phone when i'm quoted 1.5k+ :(

Have you tried Bell Direct? They were cheaper than Elephant for me, even though they're the same group.

www.belldirect.co.uk

Soldato
OP
Nope i'll have a look now, but thats not the point, do those two websites quote sections work for you? I'd at least like to try myself!

//Edit: Ok Bell does exactly the same thing, error 404 basically. Whats up here, the rest of the internet works just fine! :confused:. I'm past using confused and moneysupermarket, they seem totally inaccurate and useless.

aMb

aMb

Associate
When i was trying to get quotes through Elephant etc, I found that you could save ~£300 by adding other people under the named drivers if they had 15 y+ of driving experiance. Ended up getting my insurance through Endsleigh in the end :)

Soldato
OP
The main index site works fine, its when i click "get an instant quote now" it loads up a popup and that 404's. It happens on loads of insurance sites by the looks of things. Why is my internet discriminating against insurance? :(

For instance Elephant's link (http://www.elephant.co.uk/oos2.php?js=f), give me this in opera:
Opera error said:
You tried to access the address http://www.elephantinsurance.co.uk/...script=true&Start_session=GO!&MediaCode=defau, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same with me with "get a quote" - doesn't work.

Other sites , no problems.

Firefox say's site can't be found "for get a quote"

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just tried it with internet explorer and same thing happens. This is pretty common accross a few insurance sites by the looks of things.

For the people that its working what browser and version are you using. It can't be Opera/IE surely, but i can't be my internet/router, everything else is 100% fine.

:(

Soldato
Those sites work fine for me :)

The interesting thing about Bell is that they will insure me on a Integra Type R at 20 with DOC cover for an extra £26 :cool:

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom