• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Advice - 3 pin XTX power connector

Associate
Hey folks,

I'm looking at this card:

It's got 3x 8 pin power connectors but can I get away with just two and the draw from the PCI Express socket? I plane on undervolting this too btw

Thanks

Soldato
Man of Honour
The Corsair VS series are garbage with cheap and nasty internals, are only basic 80+ white certified and should be avoided. Never skimp on the psu. Buy cheap, buy twice has never been more true than when buying a psu. The stock 7900XTX will draw up to 360w by itself when gaming with spikes up to 460w and that's just the graphics card. You are looking at a overclocked card that will have a even higher power draw. Asrock recommends a 1000w psu for that card although that seems rather excessive and I would say a decent quality 850w minimum although for the small price difference between a decent 850w and a decent 1000w you may as well go for the 1000w for future proofing and make sure it's ATX 3.0 as well.

Back
Top Bottom