Advice/ Critique?

Soldato
OK, so please be gentle with this one. I'm in the process of redoing my site in Wordpress, and I'd like some thoughts on where the design is going at present :)

This is the first real custom design I've tried, and is built as a child theme of twenty-twelve, and in general I think things look pretty reasonable, but I'm now at the stage I'd quite like some feedback on what to do to make this look a little better.
Most of the content is missing/ incomplete, but the general design and layout are where I want them :)

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk/wordpress

The logo isn't quite right at present; I think it probably needs to go full width with some more in it, or possibly a full-width banner at the top. My current site has this for the banner, which I'm quite tempted do again and effectively get rid of the descriptive text:
banner.gif

(If anyone feels the need to create a banner, I can give you images!)

Cheers

-Leezer-

Soldato
OP
So, I've done a load more work on the design tonight, and a lot of fighting with CSS. (Not done much more than HTML and some basic PHP scripting)

Things look a lot better, and I've done a new logo:
logo3.png

Currently trying to get a different color background in the header without alignment or overflow isses.
Need to add the rest of the content too, but I want to get the design functioning first.

Opinions much appreciated please!

-Leezer-

Soldato
OP
Revised the initial homepage design considerably, and fixed a few bugs with the CSS in the menus. Anyone with any further opinions or bugs please do post :)

FWIW, the navigation on responsive is something I haven't touched. I'll probably try recoloring the menu back to gray, but further than that this isn't really a site that needs a mobile optimized view.
Still have a contact page to add along with a links, but they're minor.

-Leezer-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom