Advice for gaming pc build for total beginner (converting from console)

Associate
Hi hoping to get some advice on here.

Ive been a console gamer for years and wish to swap over to pc for a multitude of reasons.
I have just started using keyboard and mouse for games like warzone etc and much prefer the feel and the accuracy, but I cant change FOV on games like warzone which i feel limits me.
Also coming from xbox series x and PS5 I feel i would like to have a PC of a similar performance otherwise it would maybe feel a step backwards.

I already have a samsung G7 32" monitor, keyboard and logitech G502 mouse so all would need is the pc itself.

so my main points for my build would be..

self build as find it interesting & have someone that could assist me in this.

Budget £1000-1500 (possibly more if needed, would rather have something better than something that will struggle, would hate to have a pc that takes an age to load and lag.

Games mainly played - WARZONE and other first person shooters, rpg.

resolution required - 120fps absolute minimum at 1440p but the G7 monitor is capable of alot more fps so would like to make the most of that and go higher if possible.

from what I've gathered the graphics card to have would be the nvidia 3080 but are obviously unavailable at the moment unless willing to spend three times the price which im not.

so my main question is if i purchased a current gen graphics card would i be able to upgrade to say an rtx 3080 or similar at a later date when they are available without having to upgrade a multitude of additional other parts and also are there any alternative cards that I could look into that are available.

I really am totally new to pc's so I have no idea what i would need build wise so figured here would be a good place to start.

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated so I can start gettimg some parts together.

thanks in advance!

Jon.

Soldato

so my main question is if i purchased a current gen graphics card would i be able to upgrade to say an rtx 3080 or similar at a later date when they are available without having to upgrade a multitude of additional other parts and also are there any alternative cards that I could look into that are available.
It's only really the PSU and case that would have an impact there, make sure they're both big enough and you'll be fine. There are some motherboards that have issues with large graphics cards, but that's generally things like positioning of the SATA ports on compact motherboards.

Unfortunately you won't get anything previous gen at a good price either.

Associate
OP
It's only really the PSU and case that would have an impact there, make sure they're both big enough and you'll be fine. There are some motherboards that have issues with large graphics cards, but that's generally things like positioning of the SATA ports on compact motherboards.

Unfortunately you won't get anything previous gen at a good price either.

Associate
OP
thanks for the reply. what graphics cards would you suggest i looked at instead of the 3080 out of curiousity to achieve the performance im after?

Soldato
The only one (stopgap) that could get close to that is the 3060 Ti, but they're not easy to get either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Comparative gpu performance amd are slightly faster but loose big time if ray tracing is applied.

3070 amd 6800

3080 Amd 6800xt

3090 v Amd 6900xt

Top Bottom