Advice for low maintenance way to tidy up the front of our house

Soldato
We don't have a front garden, but do have a small area to work with before the walkway. It started off as bark and a load of wild plants that over time just looked a mess. So I took all that out and just put down gravel however over time the weeds have returned and it needs smartening up.

Maybe some large pots or something? Give me some inspiration ;) I can upload a pic of the current MESS if needed.

Have just sprayed all the weeds so hopefully these pass away in the coming week or so and I'll get them out to make a start

20190324-104554.jpg

Loos awful :) we mainly use the back door but it's time to make more effort here! Also any tips in painting a front door :D

Soldato
OP
This. If you're happy with how it looks, remove the gravel, lay weed membrane and put the gravel back. I'd probably put some nice planters or something in and sort out the edging to the right of your front door path.

Ahh yes that's ours too I'd gravel that. I have loads of gravel from a back garden project, we have no side access so will mean many wheel barrow trips around the side street to get to it but needs doing!

What sort of things can I plant that look nice this time of year and are low maintenance? I like the sleepers idea, they looks great

Back
Top Bottom