Advice on current Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I know I’m asking for trouble by posting this in the GD but here goes……

I met this girl 6 months ago, we went on a couple of dates over the course of the first month or so and they we started seeing each other every week.

We only see each other twice a week most weeks, basically she’s just finished a degree and is now working a full time job but also does a few hours part time after her normal job, I understand it leaves little time for her and for a while I’ve been happy with what we are doing as we both like a bit of our own time anyway but here’s my problem…….

Obviously when we first started seeing each other we was txting all the time, having a laugh, being flirty ect, she’d often say she’s excited to see me tomorrow or whatever and looking forward to cuddling up ect. Over the past week this has just suddenly stopped, I’ve mentioned it to her and her reply is “after a while things change, you don’t keep that up forever” which is totally fine. It just seems to me that it’s a massive drastic change, not one flirty message in over a week.

We had a bit of a clear the air talk a few days ago and I said if you’re not feeling this anymore then we can call it a day and explained that I feel she’s been very distant. She said that she does want to carry on seeing me and has just been really busy at work ect and if she didn’t she would soon say, but I just can’t help but feel it feels different when we see each other now. She’s always on her phone txting her friends when before she would send maybe one or two through the course of the night, I just feel like I’m not getting a lot back.

I am one to overthink things and can sometimes make things worse than what they actually are.

What’s the thought of the GD, has she lost interest or am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Associate
OP
sometimes she looks after her bros baby as well, shes supposed to have him sat so i txt her syaing i would see her sunday as it will pobably be easier as shes gonna have to look after the baby and i got back "i dont know when im having him yet" yesterday she def had him on sat

it started last monday by the way

Last edited:
Associate
OP
seems to be some mixed opinions here which is what i was expecting, its just the lack of response to anything flirty i send, it just seems so weird, ive just mentioned it to her and if i dont get a reply that reassures me then i will call it a day

Associate
OP
Thanks Wildman, i know i over analyse things which is a problem i know, but even you have said it reads like shes lost intrest, i think i do over think but i dont make things up, the issue is there its just if ive made it worse

Associate
OP
I would not text her for a while (couple of weeks to a month) and see how she responds. If she doesn't make any effort at all, cut her loose.

If she does start texting and seeming interested you'll know it was just a busy period for her (or she's no longer receiving sausage elsewhere and has come crawling back).

shouldnt have to really be playing the no txt game after 6 months tho lol

ive sent her a message about the lack of flirty response and pretty much said i need to know the deal or its not going to work out, if she dont reply with a decent answer then i am going to end it

Associate
OP
ive read everything on here and took note of her reply which bascially said she does want to see me

so im going to see her at the weekend and just go with the flow, it will either work or it wont, time to stop stressing about it and making it worse

thanks for the advice GD

ps i wont be pooing through a letterbox tho lol

Associate
OP
All this intrest in someone else stuff..... im not naieve enough to think that that dosnt happen but id like to think this isnt the case, i think you can judge if someone is that type of person or not? we actually had a disussion a while ago (which i started) something that happened to a frined of mine and just the whole how people meet someone else when in a relationship and her reaction was very much if you like someone else when you're with someone then it ends there and then because to even like someone else means you must be unhappy, id like to think shed follow that if that was the case and be honest

im going to take the advice of monst on this thread and take a step back, i wont be doing the whole no contact thing but i will take a step back.

Associate
OP
**** me! there's some distrusting people in this place. Well over thinking it. I see my misses on average about 3 out of the 4 weekends a month but sometimes that'll drop to 2 if we've got other stuff on. I'd love to see her twice a week. Some weeks we text like mad in the evenings after work but if either of us have been overly busy or stressed for whatever reason it drops off from time to time. Been together about 18 months and still going strong. Trying to work out a way of getting around the not seeing each other very often but with her working in London and me in Cambridgeshire both doing jobs we love it's not easily resolved at the moment but we'll get there eventually. If she doesn't want to be with you and you've had a big clear the air talks and she says she does then you'll have to take her word for it. Either that or walk. It's fairly simple really because the moment you stop trusting her it's dead anyway.

This is what i wanted to hear, i dont want to let that mistrust happen, we have had a clear the air talk and i said she wants to see me which is why i an just going to go with the flow

Associate
OP
I dont want to be her whole world, not atall, i encourage her to see her friends as much as i like to see mine

I thought she was off last Monday and mentioned it, she said she was fine and had just had a really busy day wt work, but maybe i kept it going on far to much and kept bringing it up and maybe thats just put a downer on things.

I dont think shes intrested in anyone else but naturally that thought has come into my head as like others ive seen it all before, i am not stupid enough to think that isnt ever a possibility but in this case id like to think not

Im going to see her sat while shes babysitting, i'm willing to draw a line under everything now and go round there like normal as in truth ive probably been a bit off as well which maybe shes reacting to. If thats not enough and things dont feel right then i will call it a day, im hopefull everything will be cool and a night together will do us some good but if it isnt then its time to move on.

I will update the GD! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom