advice on domain name buying

i've had a conversation with a company who we're looking to over take our e-marketing. one of the major suggestions they said we can improve on right now is splitting our multi service website into websites for each service. an idea i've thought about before and something i agree with an am happy to do.

what i'd like is some opinion on the names.

atm we have one site which is, let's say for this post, ocukgroup.co.uk.

the split would give us something like...

ocukcleaning.co.uk,
ocukgardening.co.uk,and
ocukremovals.co.uk.

one first thing to mention is that i'm trying to keep it short. i could for instance go for ocukdeepcleaning, which although is perhaps a little more accurate to what we do, i feel the shorter simpler name is better. what's your thoughts?

Also they've suggested we instead try advertise ourselves as a man and van service rather than removals as that's actually what we do. we can do small man and van jobs, and have so far referred the work onto a subcontractor if it's beyond what we can do. hopefully in the future it will change to doing much larger removals ourselves. because of this i feel ocukremovals is a better future proof option, and in my opinion man and van is a bit of a dirty phrase, but would appreciate others opinions. i also think ocukmanandvan just looks messy to read. the other option which i like is ocukvans.co.uk. nice and short, but perhaps confusing maybe people would think it's a van rental service

finally, we're uk based. do i really need to buy both .co.uk versions and .com versions? Everything they showed we uk based but .com domains. i always felt .co.uk was fine. Thoughts?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom