Advice on embedding flyer into emails?

Soldato
A friend has approached me about doing this for a small business he runs as he assumed since I am involved in web design I would have all the answers on this. But I don't. :D

He'd like to embed a flyer of sorts about his business and email it out to a list of clients on his mail list. Would also be handy if the flyer itself could be clicked upon and take clients directly to his web site. Now I understand about embedding HTML links to the image within the email, the image itself resides somewhere online, perhaps on his website somewhere. Is that the best way to go about this?.

Any advice appreciated, meanwhile I'm off to consult ze Googles on the subject. :cool:

Soldato
I wouldn't recommend just sending the flyer as is ideally you should redesign it and send it as a properly designed email.

If you do just send it as an image bear in mind most people will not see the image by default and will have to select for their email client to download and display it. Ideally all of your important marketing text should be in live text as opposed to images to ensure the maximum possible impact.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't recommend just sending the flyer as is ideally you should redesign it and send it as a properly designed email.

If you do just send it as an image bear in mind most people will not see the image by default and will have to select for their email client to download and display it. Ideally all of your important marketing text should be in live text as opposed to images to ensure the maximum possible impact.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestion. So is there another method for achieving this sort of thing?. Do you mean embed the flyer into say, half of the page and have normal email text below it?.

Soldato
we use dotmailer to send marketing emails, comes with a nice editor for creating the body - it's all drag&drop so not difficult.
mailchimp is an alternative
both do trials and I believe if you have a small volume mailchimp will allow it for free

Soldato
OP
Slight bump on this - thanks for putting me onto Mailchimp, such a clever little tool to use and despite my friend being fairly non pc literate, he's managing to get to grips with it fairly easily to produce good results. The free version is perfect for his needs as well which is handy.

Thanks again. :)

Associate
glad mailchimp is making this easy for people, my bread and butter is hand coding for email and it can be a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing.

Soldato
Mailchimp is fantastic these days.

Just on the original point, one thing you could think of doing if email clients offer too many restrictions on the design is to use the email newsletter as a link out to a landing page on the web. We have done this recently due to the main content needing to be quite in depth and long, most of which wouldn't work in your average email client.

Back
Top Bottom