Advice on latop/ 2 in 1

Associate
I'm looking for a new laptop or 2 in 1. If it's a laptop, ideally with a touch screen.

I've looked at the surfaces and also the zenbooks.

Does anyone have a view on what's best or are there other competitors/ better options in the market?

Associate
I have just purchased a HP Spectre X360, 13" with i5 and 256gb SSD, there is no dedicated gfx card but that didn't bother me. The build quality is excellent, the touchscreen is also excellent. I moved from Surface Pro 3 to this, I hated the touch cover on the Surface but love the keyboard on the Spectre, it also comes with a case and pen.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I would urge caution with the XPS 2in1. The regular XPS13 are excellent though - my daily driver at work :)
We have two XPS 2in1 at work and both (competent) users complain of sluggish performance and issues with it recognising tablet mode etc.
I believe they have the ultra low power cpus and they just don’t seem to be up to the tasks.

If it was my money, for a 2in1 it would be either the Surface Pro or Surface Book, depending on budget.
The Surface Pro do have a few niggles from experience at work, but overall they are very good and work well as a tablet.

I like the look of the Spectre models, but HP always seem to change their models randomly so never quite sure what is current! There was supposed to be an OLED version, but this has mysteriously dissapeared from their own and retailers websites with no word of replacement.

Soldato
I've been using a first gen Spectre x360 (i7, 8gb, 512gb SSD) for the last couple of years and it really is a lovely bit of kit.

One of the useful things about it is that it is small enough to be locked in my room safe so can leave it at the hotel instead of taking it to work each day alongside my works laptop (Dell Precision M4800 which is rather less portable).

Associate
Love the spectre although a little small for some of the apps I use, I like the tablet function on Windows (I know a.lot dont) but I don't like using it on a normal laptop just seems clumsy reaching over a keyboard and a lot of screens are bouncy which is annoying.

I am thinking of picking up a HP Envy x360 15.6 with the 940mx, anyone tried this?

Back
Top Bottom