Advice on upgrades needed :)

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to slowly upgrade my computer. At the moment it struggles to play warzone on lowest settings.

Here is what I have at the moment:
i5 7400 processor
GTX 1060 3GB graphics
1TB Seagate ST1000DM010 HHD
8GB DDR4 Ram
Asus H110M-K Motherboard

Thanks in advance :) I'm new too this so if I have missed anything you need to know please let me know.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Hi Guys,

Right... Hopefully I've understood this so can anyone offer assistance on the below shopping list (Would it all work togethor)

Firstly, buying a GTX 1660 6GB GDRR5 Graphics card (I think this would plug straight into my current rig?) - I can't afford to do every upgrade at one time so thought this first

Then ASUS Prime B450-PLUS ATX Motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler. I believe this would later down the line allow me to upgrade ram, as it h as 4 slots and a max of 64gb, much better than my current set-up

I can't afford any massive upgrades, but I think this would be a good start, and would allow me to build up on that board?

Just not sure on a SSD so help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately can't afford the outright cost to buy all in one go which is why I'm looking to slowly upgrade. I'll get there slowly :)

Associate
OP
Hello,

Thanks for your input I appreciate it. Yes I've not got an SSD at the moment so I will look to get one of those. I currently have a 1060 3GB not the 1660 3GB, so would the 1660 6GB be a nice upgrade, or was it a typo on your reply? (Sorry if I have misunderstood)

I can pretty much afford the motherboard & R5 processor. I'm not entirely sure which is better, the 2600 or 1600, the main difference I can see is the R5 1600 has a .2 processor speed but prices seem to be very similar.

Just the graphics card that I'm struggling with, as you mentioned about supply issues currently I'm not having much luck finding any decent used units.

Back
Top Bottom