Advice on Web Software Engineer Role

Soldato
I am applying for a job as a Web Software Engineer for a fairly large organisation based in Leicester.

I have sent in my CV. The role is based using mainly PHP, .Net, MySQL, Linux, SQL Server, JavaScript technologies.

Any advice if I get to the next stage? i.e. Tests, Interviews e.t.c? I'm a bit nervous as I have never applied for a development job before so unsure as to how they go.

Cheers,

James

It's a junior/entry role, and most of my PHP implementations have been using the CodeIgniter framework, which means that I have become used to using the built in libraries and functions for a lot of things, which I am worried has impacted by 'Raw' php skills. For instance using DB's with CodeIgniter means I am very rusty in manually working with DB's in PHP.

This is why the tests worry me a little bit and what I might be asked to do.

Last edited:
Thanks I might do the same with a USB stick.

I've seen some places online saying they should if carrying out a practical test, to provide reference materials or sites i.e php.net. Would you say this is the case?

Thanks for the answers so far guys.

The role is a graduate/junior/entry role and it is almost exclusively PHP based in the role.

I got an Interview so hopefully that is a good sign, but its a phone interview which I never like as I find it very hard to convey myself over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom