Advice please after being defrauded on auction site

Associate
Hi - won auction for an item on the big auction site and actually have address of person I sent money to (they clearly aren't the brightest). I want to pursue this as it was for 280 pounds - anyone had similar experiences and advice on getting money back?

I am hopping mad about this but it seems there is nothing I can do......... :(

Soldato
First thing you can try is speaking to ebay/paypal and see if the guy either sends the item or gives you the money back after pressure from them.

Failing that you can try the small claims court but that will cost money and you are unlikely to get your money back anytime soon, if ever.

Associate
Helps pages.

In before the lock. :D

Oh and I know that Competitors are not to be mentioned on here but you do seem very slack about it in GD.

You even say no hints as well but people blantantly do.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
If you paid by paypal start chargeback procedure.
If not use HMCS Money Claim Online @ www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to start Small Claims proceedings. Very easy and cost only £30 which, in case you win will be added to the costs and charged to defendant.

Never let anyone con you. If you let them do it once they will do it to others.

Associate
OP
v0n said:
If not use HMCS Money Claim Online @ www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to start Small Claims proceedings. Very easy and cost only £30 which, in case you win will be added to the costs and charged to defendant.

Never let anyone con you. If you let them do it once they will do it to others.

You = THE DADDY :D

That money claim online site is great.Hopefully the silly cow will think twice before fleecing people again.I may also get my 285 pounds back. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
ArmyofHarmony said:
Definatly the claims site, make sure they pay for this

btw, why did you call it the big auction site rather than Ebay?

I thought there was some rule somewhere saying you couldn't name sites if you were associating them with bad stuff.Obviously not............ ;)

Soldato
Are you sure of what happened? Its not a case of miscommuncation or lack of patience? Be sure before yu start legal proceedings

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Balddog said:
Are you sure of what happened? Its not a case of miscommuncation or lack of patience? Be sure before yu start legal proceedings
Yes, indeed. Dead right. Take (and document) any and all reasonable steps to resolve this before going near legal action, because the fact that you have or have not done so is likely to weigh heavily in a court's decision.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
when did the item finish? have you had email contact with the person since the auction finished? if they're ignoring emails, you can request their details from ebay, this sometimes lists a phone number, which you could try as a last result. personally, i give them 3 chances with email, ie. if i email 3 times and they don't reply, i request personal details and try to call. if i still get no joy, i either start the proceedings with paypal, or that moneyclaim site :)

Soldato
Elitejungalist said:
That story is classic!

Serves him right for not paying up.

Why should he pay up?? He sent the item back??

To go after the guy the way they did is well out of order.

And if someone forcibly made drive to a cash point and get money out the police would be involved

EDIT : Just re-read it and he did pay?? Rejected parcel and reversed payment :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
ArmyofHarmony said:
Definatly the claims site, make sure they pay for this

btw, why did you call it the big auction site rather than Ebay?
see this annoys me, when some hints at sites, eg the auction site, its clear they think its not allowed, so why bother hinting, its just as bad and you know it

not being nasty but if you need to hint i dont think its worth the post

Back
Top Bottom