Advice please on Hi Fi Speakers?

Associate
Hi,
First post ever on any forum!
Many years ago I bought a compact Hi fi seperates system by pioneer.
It comprises:-
1. An FM/AM Stereo Tuner called Pioneer F-C3
2. A Stereo Cassettte Deck called Pioneer T-C3
3. A Stereo Amplifier called Pioneer A-C3
4. A Compact Disc Player called Pioneer PD-C3

At the time they came as a bundle with the shop recommended speakers of two KEF Coda 7 speakers in black.

I have recently gone back to using them all and added a Technics SL1200 MK2 turntable intending to refurb a room and have it as a listening room.

I love the sound and love the speakers and their power, sensitivity and lack of distortion BUT the covers are a little bleached by the sun and the laminate is wrinkled in parts. I have thought of getting some 2nd hand KEF Coda7 but would like something that sounds as good or better but also looks good.

I don’t know anything about them really but I like the look of the Bang and Olufsen Beolab 8000 MK2 speakers. From what I have seen they are hi fi speakers rather than dedicated surround sound type speakers. I know they are active. If I could have the sound that I get from the KEF Coda 7 but with the look of the Beolab or anything more discreet then I would be very happy.

Can anyone help me with some advice as I have my eye on some 2nd hand ones that are in good working order and great looking condition?

Many thanks indeed for any advice re compatibility, sound quality comparison.

Cheers,

Greg_K

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Fantastic, just the kind of detailed advice I was looking and hoping for. Many many thanks. I certainly get the ‘matching’ quality principle. I will rule out the Beolab and look at the better matches you suggest. They don’t have to be old or second hand just perform no less than the Coda 7 and be either discreet or attractive design.
Your post is really helpful thank you

Back
Top Bottom